cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone5 no stock- ordered 2 weeks ago!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else having the worse experience with O2 re:ordering a new iPhone5? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, website said it was in stock- and still does... however 2 weeks later, I am still without my new handset and am told it is out of stock and they can't tell me when I should expect delivery.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck & let us know when you receive it

Message 11 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 say the phone is now in stock. Has anyone had an update to their order status?

Message 12 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke to o2 before and they said the stock they have in will be for those who ordered around the 21st January and they could not say if after that would get a phone. I ordered the 28th so may not get one. She also said they don't know when stock will be in again.
Message 13 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered mine on the 20th Jan, still no update on progress. slight_frown I was told I should be getting it this week, although the customer service representative would not give any guarantees.

Message 14 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to achieve appalling customer service:

1) Mislead your customers at point of sale. O2's website specifically said

the phone was "in stock" when it was ordered.

2) Quickly snatch the money for the handset straight out of your customer's

account, knowing full well you cannot fulfil the order.

3) Don't pro actively manage the expectations of your customers. Have you

even contacted any to let them know you have a stock shortage or are you

relying on people passively accepting poor service?

The fact that I've had to contact o2 several times to query the status of

my order leads me to believe that they're overstaffed and inefficient. How else can they afford to have me contact them multiple times and still come away feeling like they're not telling me the truth.

Glad I'm only a customer and not a shareholder.

Message 15 of 47

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Don't know why'd you be glad to not be a shareholder their stock isn't bad by any means and much preferable to some other carriers. I'm confused what this point has to do with the thread:/.

However I do completely agree with your previous points and they have been flagged when the launch screwed up as well.

Stock is carphone warehouse so while I agree O2 shouldn't state it's in stock when its not. It's not controlled by them. As long as CPW state they have stock so will the website.

Money is taken from accounts to hold orders/place them. It's doubtful a company would order 200 phones when only 10 people have already paid for them. If they have 200 people who have placed orders and given the money then it makes sense to get the handsets seeing as the customer is unlikely to just change their mind. Leaving CPW with an extra handset laying around.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 16 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered mine on the 21st was told id get it by the 24th, I contacted support again on 29th and was told 3 days, I've still got "Pending Order" on my account.

Customer Support is really bad, they really dont care because us long time customers are not their "priority". New Customers are!

Message 17 of 47

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
They don't have priority any more that's why they removed the extras the long timers used to get now everyone has the same.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 18 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very True Liquid, there is no difference between the deal Old Timers get compared to New Timers and the Early Upgrade bonus is also worthless now.

3G is terrible on 02, and not unlimited like other companies... If I wasnt so lazy Id work out how to jump ship to someone with better deals and customer service

Message 19 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome to try other networks but the grass isn't always greener & I guarantee you will be back here

Message 20 of 47