cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone5 no stock- ordered 2 weeks ago!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else having the worse experience with O2 re:ordering a new iPhone5? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, website said it was in stock- and still does... however 2 weeks later, I am still without my new handset and am told it is out of stock and they can't tell me when I should expect delivery.

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I do miss the old platinum membership (free vip tickets to O2 arena:()

3G is very dependant on the area annoyingly its hard to get perfect coverage by any means. I have amazing signal in my house almost at full bandwidth however if I walk to the bus stop next to an open field I get sweet naff all haha.

When 4g comes along properly 3G will be the substandard variant and will increase its coverage considerably (I hope anyway)

The main reason I like o2s 3G is they won't throttle it until you go over your allowance 3 offers "unlimited" but seems to throttle everything back quite a lot.

Its a hard choice between 3G unlimited at sub 3G speeds or limited 3G at much higher speeds.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 21 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't touch 3 with a barge pole, rubbish signal everywhere & cheap contracts & handsets to entice you in then once you find out there's no signal or anything, your stuck with them for 2 years

Message 22 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Poor customer service - perhaps in certain circumstances but not as a whole. Why else would O2 have the highest customer satisfaction rates and lowest complaint rates of any of the networks (according to ofcom, who are completely independent..)?

The grass really isn't greener on the other side when it comes to customer service.

Not that I'm saying O2 are perfect, because they're not, but they're the best of the networks when it comes down to service.
Message 23 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sure Apple do Network upgrades in their high-street stores.

Anyone tried that avenue ?

The different network forums are littered with people waiting for their iPhone 5 handsets.

Is it that Apple are a victim of their own success.

Those wanting the iPhone 5s /6 should start reserving them now !

I truly hope you all get this remarkable phone in good time.
Message 24 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree that on the whole o2 have briliant customer service, I've always been more than happy everytime I've called.

I suppose this is why I'm so frustrated with the way their handling demand for this phone. I expected more from them.

Customer service is only good when it's consistent.

Back to original topic, doesn't sound like anyone has had any progress yet. I'll keep watching.

Message 25 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update. I ordered my new phone on the 20th Jan. I will not have the phone this week. Nor will anyone who ordered after 19th. I have this on good authority after calling O2 and finally getting through to a manager. Lisa. She has offered to personally keep track of my order from now on in - to save me from having to call the 202 number and go through all the options, and as a gesture of goodwill given me £10 of my bill.

I agree that for the most part that O2 has good customer service- but this mainly relates to small simple issues such as billing and locking out your phone. This whole thing with the iPhone shortage has made me loose confidence in them, especially after being given knowingly incorrect information from their customer support, the first manager refusing to speak to me, and actually being shouted at by a member of O2 staff when I pointed out he hadn't even checked the stock levels!

Their website still states that the phone in stock, something that all the customer service reps acknowledge, and while chatting to the online advisor on their website while waiting 20mins to talk to someone, their online rep states that it is in stock! I have printed off this conversation for future ref.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to all those waiting for a new phone. Takes the excitement out of it!
Message 26 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

the contract will be from o2 but the handset will be from cpw who are handling the iphone 5 stock

Message 27 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've spoken to o2 this afternoon, my phone was supposed to have been delivered by now,( been calling for days and keep being told different things) but has to be reordered and will take another 7 days(I ordered on 22nd) needless to say I was not happy with this, spoke to a manager in upgrades. By a miracle my order now is being fulfilled and a consignment number should be added tomorrow. I await to see if I receive my confirmation text tomorrow!
Message 28 of 47

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You'll have to keep everyone updated slight_smile

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 29 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will do.
Message 30 of 47