Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch ultra data roaming does not work

MooseD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have an Apple Watch ultra , cellular works fine on the watch in UK , however I’m now in Germany , my iPhone and data roaming works fine , but data roaming on watch doesn’t work , I have unpaired & repaired my watch , reset networks settings too and advised , but no difference .. still doesn’t work , can anyone help?

thanks

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@MooseD 

Your watch won't work outside of the UK.
Roaming is not allowed on O2.

Can I use my Apple Watch abroad?

The cellular functions of your Apple Watch won’t work abroad. This means that if you move out of range with your iPhone (about 10 metres), you won’t be able to make calls, send messages or use data through your Watch.

But you can use your Apple Watch abroad as normal when it’s in range with your iPhone and your iPhone is set up for international roaming.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/apple-watch

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

@MooseD 

Your watch won't work outside of the UK.
Roaming is not allowed on O2.

Can I use my Apple Watch abroad?

The cellular functions of your Apple Watch won’t work abroad. This means that if you move out of range with your iPhone (about 10 metres), you won’t be able to make calls, send messages or use data through your Watch.

But you can use your Apple Watch abroad as normal when it’s in range with your iPhone and your iPhone is set up for international roaming.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/apple-watch

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

Splinta87
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I thought with watch os 9.1 roaming with o2 was now supported? 

https://www.xda-developers.com/apple-watch-cellular-editions-finally-getting-international-data-roam...

When will this be available?

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

Not implemented by O2 yet @Splinta87 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

GabonPhil
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @MooseD . Your reply from @MI5 might well be correct, but it contradicts all the advice I've had from O2 UK and Apple UK. In recent months I've tried O2 UK Apple Watch international roaming on a series-8 e-sim version in France, Netherlands, Norway and Portugal; it simply doesn't work on international mobile networks/4G. Confirming my Apple Watch works perfectly using mobile data in UK.

What a run around I have had: I've phoned O2 International Helpdesk while in UK and in EU, been into an O2 UK store, been to an Apple UK store for support. Everyone assures me Apple Watch International Roaming  will work and my watch/phone/account is set up correctly, but still it simply doesn't work!

Let's keep the dialogue going and @MI5 please share anything more you know about this issue.

Message 5 of 14

GabonPhil
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Splinta87 just tagging you in too

Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

I'm sure an announcement will be made on the forum @GabonPhil when or if O2 introduce this.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it though as we know from history how long it takes O2 to introduce features such as this.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

GabonPhil
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Quite right @MI5, I've just read that same quoted text on the O2 UK web page. @MooseD  and @Splinta87 there is our answer 😞

What a let down! But great to know once and for all.  Any O2 sales and support people out there reading this, please take note. If you don't actually know the answer to a customer question, just say so. We won't judge you :-). Please don't guess what you think the answer might/should be.

Message 8 of 14

Number_3
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi all , is this still the same, just landed in Spain , iphone roaming fine , ultra won’t connect , cheers

Message 9 of 14

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36133 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions
Message 10 of 14