Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Sdrive 

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.

It may take at least 24 hours, maybe longer and probably not over the weekend.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Sdrive
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has anybody had any trouble connecting the Apple Watch to cellular?
I took the offer 02 had with Apple Watch series 4 gps & cellular but the watch will not connect to the network but connects to my phone fine?
When I try to connect to the network using the app on my phone it gives me a error code 57 or sometimes error code 88. I’ve been in contact with technical support and the just send me text messages saying the problem has been fixed and to reply if I still have a problem to text back and they will contact me in 48hrs but they don’t. they have also raised a ticket twice and said it can take up to 5 days but still no joy. Can someone tell me what theses error codes are?
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume you are not using the iOS 13 beta as that has been causing most of the issues we have been seeing on here
Message 4 of 8

Sdrive
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No iPhone XS Max with iOS 12.3.1
Message 5 of 8

Sdrive
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I also have data plan for the watch set up. It shows up on the O2 app
Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Sdrive wrote:
No iPhone XS Max with iOS 12.3.1

You need to be on 12.3.2 which will allow the latest carrier update and also allow a watch update.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Apple-Watch-connection-issues/m-p/1234458#M162553

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I have just had a watch 4 and connected no problems. YOU MUST update your carrier network settings on your phone before sycning your watch to the phone. If you do not update the network carrier setting on your phone first the watch does not connect to the cellular network. Apparantly you are not alone but the carrier settings update solves 99% of the connection issues. 

below are the instructions for doing said:

You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps:

1. Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
  2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

Hope this helps

Message 8 of 8