Did you mean:ย 

Apple Watch data plan

Nicola7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone may be able to help. I bought an Apple Watch series 5 cellular. Prior to purchase an O2 rep told me that I could add the watch to my airtime plan. I have had no luck in doing so, I have followed all the instructions online and it just wonโ€™t connect. The chat facility isnโ€™t available and 202 was useless. I went in to store to be told that this is no longer possible and that if I want a cellular Apple Watch I have to buy direct from o2. Is anyone able to verify this?
Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

If you bought your cellular Apple Watch from somewhere other than O2, you can buy an Airtime Plan through the Watch app on your iPhone.

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on โ€˜Mobile Dataโ€™.

Then tap โ€˜Set up mobile dataโ€™. Youโ€™ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

Once youโ€™ve signed in, select โ€˜Buy another Airtime Plan for this watchโ€™. You can have up to 3 cellular Apple Watches with an Airtime Plan linked to your account at one time.

Now, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on โ€˜Mobile Dataโ€™. In the โ€˜Data Planโ€™ section, if you see O2 with the word โ€˜activatingโ€™ then youโ€™ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange โ€˜iโ€™ next to it, then youโ€™re all set up.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It doesn't matter where you buy the watch

All you need is a watch data plan linked to a monthly contract phone @Nicola7 

Watch plans are ยฃ5 per month

Message 2 of 8

Nicola7
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@jonsie
Thatโ€™s what Apple told me but in store they said itโ€™s not possible. Sorry for a potentially stupid question but is there a way of sorting the watch data plan? I canโ€™t see any options online not linked to a watch purchase.
Thank you so much for your response ๐Ÿ‘
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

If you bought your cellular Apple Watch from somewhere other than O2, you can buy an Airtime Plan through the Watch app on your iPhone.

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on โ€˜Mobile Dataโ€™.

Then tap โ€˜Set up mobile dataโ€™. Youโ€™ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

Once youโ€™ve signed in, select โ€˜Buy another Airtime Plan for this watchโ€™. You can have up to 3 cellular Apple Watches with an Airtime Plan linked to your account at one time.

Now, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on โ€˜Mobile Dataโ€™. In the โ€˜Data Planโ€™ section, if you see O2 with the word โ€˜activatingโ€™ then youโ€™ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange โ€˜iโ€™ next to it, then youโ€™re all set up.

Message 4 of 8

Nicola7
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Jas2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know I'm quite late to this thread but experiencing similar issue. When I go to the Apple Watch app, mobile data, it does not prompt me to sign in with my o2 account. only says that my Apple Watch needs to be added to my existing data plan. Anyone experience this and how was this resolved?

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jas2 

Answered on your own thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Adding-Apple-Watch-to-plan/m-p/1437637 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8