Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch connection

bluedub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Took delivery of an Apple Watch 5 today, but surprise surprise I get the dreaded error 30 when trying to activate mobile data. I upgraded my iPhone X to iOS 13 yesterday, bet this is the problem!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@bluedub 

Not sure how you've tried to set it up but reset the watch and follow this:

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.

Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@bluedub 

Not sure how you've tried to set it up but reset the watch and follow this:

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.

Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Benlfc
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 289 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
I had no problem when activating mine with my 11 pro max running iOS13
Message 3 of 3