Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch connection issues

CBB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is anyone else having issues getting their cellular watches connecting. I set mine up on Saturday and after 6 phone calls it still isn’t connected. There seems to be no one who knows how they work!
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@CBB  Have you called O2 or Apple? I would think the latter would be the better choice.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 36

JimSlip
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I bought a series 4 on Friday and have had nothing but trouble. I returned it today for a full refund.

O2 seem to be having some issues and don’t know how long they will persist so I got out of the contract while I could.

The watch is also £45 cheaper to buy it direct from Apple.

The new series 5 is likely to be announced in September and will have loads more features.

Take it back and wait a few months is my advice.
Message 3 of 36

CBB
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I bought my watch direct from apple and have been waiting for o2 to enable on the network. I think if they can’t fix it I will switch to another network
Message 4 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve said this before. The connection problems are hardware & software based which is nothing to do with O2. Speak to Apple

Message 5 of 36

Vampiro
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Same here, it’s taken 4 people before someone said ring the customer service and talk to the Apple Watch team to get it sorted, which no one seems to know what is wrong not being to connect, last guy I spoke to on the phone said that I need an iccid, which I given once the mobile data is enabled. Sounds like they have gone for it and the system can’t cope
Message 6 of 36

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @CBB , @Vampiro  and others, I've just checked on my end what the recommended thing to do here would be if you're having issues pairing the watch -  the best thing to do is to contact our customer service so they can check your account, and help you with the Apple Pairing journey. 

How are you getting on with this at the moment since you last posted though - are you still stuck or did this get resolved?

Message 7 of 36

CBB
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there the watch is paired fine it is the fact that it won’t connect to the network. I have spoken to support everyday. They promise to call back with solutions today is day 6 still no progress
Message 8 of 36

Vampiro
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

still stuck on this and day 4 for me told that its been escalated to a more advance team and waiting on a call back from them which will take 5 days, thats if they do call. at this point im willing to just take it back and get a refund as the service is not being provided. been in touch with 3 peeps from customer service and all have said they will escalate it.

my issue is the 5 days call back (even if they do) its a problem with the account and someone comented on this thread (https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Apple-watch/td-p/1232443) "The provisioning of the eSIM has got stuck in the o2 network. You have to create a case with their support. You get an INC number and someone clears down all previous provisioning attempts and then in the watch app you can try again. When you try again it should detect your account already has a watch plan on it and that you just want to link your watch"

surely the guys on the phone you speak to initially can do this??? i havent got an INC number when i have called them, so im not even sure itll will be resolved. so at this moement i have series 4 acting like a first gen/ series one watch.....

Message 9 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thing is though. You likely won’t get a call back. From our experience it’s an excuse as they don’t call back
Message 10 of 36