Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch cellular not working

Maddie2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am finding that my messages / WhatsApp Notifications only come through to my watch when my phone is near, even though I pay £5 extra a month for data for the watch and my watch is cellular & GPS. Can anyone help? I should be able to take my watch out without my phone and still receive WhatsApp messages
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27653 Solutions

@Maddie2 

Is your watch data plan active?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Maddie2
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m pretty sure it is, I’ve had it a while now! How do I check? Thank you
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27653 Solutions

@Maddie2 

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

Also see help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Maddie2
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes it has the orange “I” but doesn’t receive any data without my phone being near. What should I do? Is there another explanation or is my watch faulty? Thank you
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27653 Solutions

@Maddie2 

Is data turned on in your watch settings?

Your watch is set up ok by the sounds of it so could be faulty but getting Apple to check it would be the best way forward I think https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Maddie2
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes Data is turned on and connected on my watch settings. 

Message 7 of 7