Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch SIM only

Lisaluu36
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. Was wanting to know if O2 offer a sim only deal for Apple Watch. I am an o2 pay monthly customer with apple 8. I have bought an Apple Watch direct from Apple. I am aware other networks offer this but would prefer to remain with o2. Thanks
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Lisaluu36 

Yes you can just add a data plan to your watch.  Follow the setup routine on the watch to buy your plan.

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.

Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Lisaluu36 

I have just checked the shop and it doesn't  make it clear whether you can go sim only if you already have a watch. They are only showing customised plans.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apple-watch

Also the sim only plans don't show watches https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M

Your best bet is to give customer services a call and check with them Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Lisaluu36 

Yes you can just add a data plan to your watch.  Follow the setup routine on the watch to buy your plan.

Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.

Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.

Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.

It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.

To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for that info@MI5 I had no idea. Maybe I will remember it the next time it's asked wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm sure you will 😛

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Hi @Lisaluu36 they do, if you follow the steps mentioned you should be shown a SIM only plan for Apple Watch in the app, it is currently £5 per month with the first 6 months free (this offer can change anytime though)
Message 6 of 6