Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Error 106

djaychela
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, I've moved over from Tesco to O2, about a week ago.

Today my new iPhone 15 Pro and Apple Ultra Watch 2 (the reason I swapped to O2) have arrived, and I've got the phone set up, and when trying to get the Mobile Service set up on the Watch (via the Watch app on the iphone), I'm getting error 106.

I've read that calling customer services on 202 is a huge waste of time, does anyone have any up-to-date help or advice?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Second call... same old story.  I didn't buy the watch from them, so it won't work (this is illegal, remember kids).  What I want isn't possible.... Uninstall the watch app and unpair the watch and re-pair (already done this, made no difference). 

"This should be escalated to the back office team"
'It already has been, three times, they never call me back'
"I'll escalate this to the back office team".

I may, at this point have said that I think the back office team don't actually exist, it's just a way of getting me off the phone for 72 hours.

Now on hold while she tries to find something that may help....

Message 21 of 35

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

... and the same old story.  It's been "escalated to the back office".
'But they never call me back'
"They will call back within 72 hours"
'Who can I complain to if they don't?'
"They will call back within 72 hours"

This, folks, is how they get away with this s***.
@

Message 22 of 35

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37231 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

And the saga of the iWatch 106 error continues, @djaychela - a riveting read. Sorry the spend cap thing did not help. See what you current CS agent does for the case ...

Oh, and keep pinging the Twitter avenue now you have, hopefully, a Private communication channel (!) open. See the span of time from initial contact to resolution for my (simple) query a while back: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Web-Top-Up-not-recognising-a-valid-O2-P...

Message 23 of 35

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

"See what you current CS agent does for the case ..."

I think all she's done is file the backoffice request under B for Bin.  72 hours to go until the exciting conclusion of this torrid tale.

As if!

Message 24 of 35

pgn
  • 37231 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Sounds like the back office is all "backed up" 🫤

Still, it gives you a chance to beat on Twitter every couple of hours, I realise the link I put above only shows there promoted response to me and the success response. Meh. It is further down the thread somewhere. Interesting about what the legalities are 👍

Message 25 of 35

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, so finally (fourth time of asking, and a bit later than promised) I've had a call from the back office team.  Covered the same stuff as previously (unpair the watch, try the same stuff, etc), to no avail.  I've been promised a call back after she has investigated if there are any blocks in place on the account, which will take "two to three days". 

Message 26 of 35

pgn
  • 37231 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Ah yes, @djaychela 

1000007912.gif

Fingers-crossed when not drumming 😉

Message 27 of 35

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7544 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@djaychela 

This seems to have been going on for so long I cannot remember whether you have considered going down the complaints route ? 

If you haven't, please see :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

Message 28 of 35

djaychela
  • 33 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, so... an update of sorts.

Firstly, had a reply from the O2 Twitter, which said that I'd been called and not answered (which was true, I was working), as if that was an answer to the issue!  Anyway, they now see that it's been 'escalated', so I'll see if I need to get back to them.

I've had another call from the back office team who reported there are no restrictions on my account, so I had to remove mobile plans (General > Reset > Remove All Mobile plans in the Watch app), and Reset Sync Data (same menu).  Both to no avail, but if anyone else reads this it may help.

She's going to get back to me after the next analysis is done (she's got the IMEI of the watch now), which apparantly takes SEVEN working days.  So I'll post back once I hear back.

Message 29 of 35

pgn
  • 37231 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Akin to getting blood out of a stone, @djaychela 🫤

Message 30 of 35