Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Data Plan error

Jaspers_mum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I added a Cellular Apple Watch to my account last night. I got the message saying the data plan was activated etc but when I try to set it up it keeps saying to contact 202 and quote error code 14! I have done this and I’m being sent in circles. They passed me to apple who confirm the device and the Watch are not the problem and the carrier is. But o2 are having none of it. At this rate I’ll be cancelling the whole lot! 

Can anyone help? 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Do you have iData enabled on your account and do you pay bills by direct debit?

Apple watch pairs via the App on your phone, adding a £5 per month add to your tariff, @Jaspers_mum  - help on the process below, from a post elsewhere recently on the Forum:

Set up the data plan from the watch setup routine and it will walk you through buying an airtime plan.
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’.
Then tap ‘Set up mobile data’. You’ll be prompted to sign in with your My O2 username and password.
Once you’ve signed in, select your Apple Watch plan. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your Apple Watch Airtime Plan.
It can take up to 24 hours to activate, but sometimes it might take a little longer.
To check if your new Airtime Plan is active, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on ‘Mobile Data’. In the ‘Data Plan’ section, if you see O2 with the word ‘activating’ then you’ll have to wait a little longer for set up to complete. If you see O2 with an orange ‘i’ next to it, then you’re all set up.
If you get an error message at any point, on the iPhone, go to Settings and select Privacy > Motion & Fitness and switch it on.
Then go back to the watch app/Mobile Data/set up mobile data plan and be ready to put your o2 username and password in to the resulting o2 screen. Also, it costs £5 monthly to add the airtime for the Apple Watch, so you'll need to authorise this after entering the o2 user name and password. The phone app will then say 'activating' which can take a day or so, but at that point, you can try doing a phone call direct from the watch to test it.
You also need to have iData enabled on your account and pay bills by direct debit.

If you've done all that and it still doesn't work then post back here and someone will pick up and help you out. Good luck.

Message 2 of 18

Jaspers_mum
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! I’ve done all that and it’s still giving me the error message and won’t set up the mobile data. They have confirmed they can see the data plan active on my account 

Message 3 of 18

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Sounds like you will have to persist with the O2 guys on 202, @Jaspers_mum - there was a spate of these error codes a while back, I did not see what the fix was. Also I will tag in one of the forum advisors, @O2Georgina is on this morning, who may be able to get you hooked up with an O2 CS person who understands error code 14 as I did not see any simple fix that could be done from the front end. Good luck, and Georgina will reach out to you presently via PM.

Message 4 of 18

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@Jaspers_mum  I will private message now

signature
Message 5 of 18

Jaspers_mum
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much 😊 

Message 6 of 18

Reactboy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Georgina,

I am having the same issue with Code 14 showing each time

Message 7 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Reactboy 

I'll ask @O2Lisa to help, as she is on duty this morning.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 18

Reactboy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff Many thanks, that would be greatly appreciated

Message 9 of 18

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 😊

@Reactboy I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 18