Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch 5 no data connection

Juppsy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just received Apple Watch 5 and the data connection just tells me I can’t connect as it’s only available to pay monthly customers which I am. I’ve seen this comment several times here but no definitive ways of knowing how to get the data connection set up on the watch.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Juppsy
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is the message with a url that doesn’t even go anywhere. ‘ Apple Watch on O2 is only available to personal Pay Monthly customers. Find out more at o2.co.uk/help/apple_watch.’
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Juppsy 

Customer service need to set your account up properly.

Good luck with finding someone who knows what they are doing.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Juppsy
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Having read other similar threads I finally got customer service to hand over issue to engineers team with a promise of a 5 day resolution which we are now well past and no one has called back or fixed issue. Now 2 weeks into device plan with no connection to data plan on the watch. If anyone has had same issue and knows how it was resolved be o2 engineers and the reasons given for failure to connect I’d be interested to know so that I can advise o2 gurus how to get the fix done as they don’t seem to know how to do it despite appearing to be a common issue.
Message 4 of 10

Juppsy
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I’m currently on the 3rd time of ‘ this case is being raised with the engineers and will be resolved in 5 days.’ Have only received one call back in all this time and that was to raise the case again (3rd time) and not offer a solution or say it was fixed . Over a week ago ( 2nd time case was raised) I was told it would be sorted by end of play that day if not the next day and more than a week on ( and now 3rd time case passed to engineers) still no fix from o2. I don’t feel I have yet spoken to one person who has any clue as how to resolve it and so after 20 years with o2 will likely need to move on to another carrier who services data plans on Apple Watch .its frustrating but feel others should be warned as a word of caution if considering an Apple Watch with data plan on o2 as there doesn’t seem to be the support yet in place to offer technical assistance when needed. I’m sure it works fine for most!
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Juppsy 

I know this adds to the inconvenience but have you thought about taking it instore? One of the instore Guru's could check it out for you?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Juppsy
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try instore but all phone gurus have to pass it to engineers as they are unable to fix the connection Because it’s too technical for them so I’m guessing maybe the same instore but will give it a go. Thanks
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Juppsy 

You may be lucky and get a real clever, techie guru. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Pigs might fly / When pigs fly' - meaning and origin.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Juppsy
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So another 3 weeks on since last post and a call received every 3 days or so by O2 network team each time saying they’ve sorted it and they haven’t been able to. Each time I have to remove watch from iCloud account, unpair watch, re pair watch, wait 48 hrs and then still doesn’t work. Unbelievable technical incompetence and now 6 weeks of o2 not been able to find a solution to the issue of simply connecting a data plan to the watch. I’ve been with o2 for 20 years but time to jog on and find a network that can connect a watch to a data plan.
Message 10 of 10