Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Event - 6PM TODAY!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

TONIGHT at 6PM, Apple will be live streaming a special event. What will they show or tell us about I hear you ask? We can guess, but we just don't know for sure. So, come back here from 6PM where the YouTube live stream below will become active, and we'll post some updates throughout the evening.

If you're an Apple fan and you're free at 6PM, feel free to join in. This might be one you won't want to miss!

Original post below.

More info

Where all the Apple fans at?!

Screen_Shot_2021_09_07_at_9.05.16_AM.jpg

Apple just announced a special event they'll be hosting next Tuesday evening. Unless you're new here, historically these September events from Apple has been where they have showcased and unveiled some truly stunning and exciting tech, devices and features.

As always, we have no insider info but if you have a look around online, the rumour mill has been in full swing recently... But what what do you want to see, or think Apple will show us?

Want to be the first to know? Register your interest here before midnight on 10 September for a chance to win a new phone worth up to £1500. Terms on the link.

PS. Want to see a trick? 
Hidden in Apple's invite is an AR effect. If you want to check it out, visit the Apple Event page here and tap on the glowing Apple logo in the middle of the page. It'll then open the AR effect which looks super slick!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Interestingly accessory maker Torro sent me an email today. While discussing the iPhone 13 cases being designed they also mention two new iPads. They say rumour but it suggests they have designs on accessories. 

“That's not all!

Apple is also rumoured to announce new iPad Mini 6 and iPad 9th Generationdevices - so we are doing the same!

We will have our signature premium leather case (with elastic closure) compatible with both new iPads and we will also be releasing our new Magnetic case for the iPad Mini 6”

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 2 of 36

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Also there are reports of stock shortages for iPads so this helps to support a release 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 3 of 36

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

They are already saying that expect many iPhone 13's on launch day, or anytime after that, and expect a big price increase in order to get one...

@L_W_Ward  iPad shortages at the moment are lack of processors, screens and RAM... and the FAB's not been back upto speed yet...  TSMC are struggling with demand at the moment with demand as well..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 36

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Personally, i won’t be upgrading as I did last year and the 12 Pro is fine for I want. I would like to say they wouldn’t raise the price but we never know do we. 

The big thing I want is the iPad Mini 6. I love my current one and would welcome an all screen design if the leaks are true. The current design is very outdated. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 5 of 36

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Just spotted your signature @L_W_Ward and that's a lot of Apple tech right there... I know you say you won't upgrade this time, but as the Apple fan you seem to be do you think that could all change depending on what Apple show us next week? 😉

I'm a big iPad Mini fan but after getting the iPad Pro 12.9" (2018) I gifted my iPad Mini 4 to my mum and I miss it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Pro and I use it every day, but the mini is just such a perfect sized tablet for on-the-go. If/when another iPad Mini becomes reality, I'll be interested.

Safe to assume you'll be watching the live stream next Tuesday then?

Message 6 of 36

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I’ve jumped from Android, Apple, Windows Phone quite a lot in the early days. I still remember my Android T-Mobile G1! What a phone that was. I eventually moved over to Apple a fair few years ago and decided to stick as I got sick of Android issues i was having. 

I know what you meant about the mini. My 12.9 is fantastic but its nice to just pick the mini up and carry around. Plus it fits in my back pocket! I will be looking to upgrade my mini as I do hate the outdated design. Also I have a 2nd gen pencil I hope i can use with it. Although I saw rumours of a Apple Pencil mini which I hope are not true! 

It looks like a lot but my iPad Pro 12.9 is my main productivity power house. My mini is my personal, fun consumption thing, one watch is for my long distance running and the other is for professional life, meeting and such. People do ask why I don’t just charge my watch for running but i do 10-20K runs and i need that 100% battery life as i never take my phone. When i’m done i can get on with my life by picking up my other watch. 

Regarding upgrading to the 13 Pro. I only upgrade every few years, usually when there is a design change, due to the sheet costs. Whether its upfront of over months £999 is still a lot of money. My 12 Pro does everything i need it too and the camera is fantastic! I can only imagine myself going for it if it had ALL the following which i don’t see happening. 

- two day battery life.

- reverse wireless charging.

- 8 k display

- folds out into an iPad Mini! 

- full screen display without pin hole. 

- 120htz refresh rate. 

Or just this one

- O2 Social Media team send me one for free. (Fingers crossed)

Here is hoping. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 7 of 36

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/stock-shortages-suggest-new-ipad-9th-generation-imminent-4165943 Usually the case before Apple releases a new product. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 8 of 36

Pipstop78
  • 523 Posts
  • 221 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

See there is going to be a different colours of the iPhone 13 bright pink by all accounts 

Message 9 of 36

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Today is THE day. Today is Apple Event day.

We'll re-purpose this thread into a discussion about the event tonight. If Apple do the live stream on YouTube again this year, I'll embed that into the original post. I'll also do some live update style comments for any interesting specs or features, so please do join in and share your thoughts.

Who's going to be watching from 6pm? If you are, join me here to discuss things during the event tonight from 6pm.

Message 10 of 36