Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Event - 6PM TODAY!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

TONIGHT at 6PM, Apple will be live streaming a special event. What will they show or tell us about I hear you ask? We can guess, but we just don't know for sure. So, come back here from 6PM where the YouTube live stream below will become active, and we'll post some updates throughout the evening.

If you're an Apple fan and you're free at 6PM, feel free to join in. This might be one you won't want to miss!

Original post below.

More info

Where all the Apple fans at?!

Screen_Shot_2021_09_07_at_9.05.16_AM.jpg

Apple just announced a special event they'll be hosting next Tuesday evening. Unless you're new here, historically these September events from Apple has been where they have showcased and unveiled some truly stunning and exciting tech, devices and features.

As always, we have no insider info but if you have a look around online, the rumour mill has been in full swing recently... But what what do you want to see, or think Apple will show us?

Want to be the first to know? Register your interest here before midnight on 10 September for a chance to win a new phone worth up to £1500. Terms on the link.

PS. Want to see a trick? 
Hidden in Apple's invite is an AR effect. If you want to check it out, visit the Apple Event page here and tap on the glowing Apple logo in the middle of the page. It'll then open the AR effect which looks super slick!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Caeramic shield front, tougher than any other front glass. Aerospace grade aluminium frame - pink, blue, midnight, starlight and product red are the colours. A 20% smaller notch. Antenna lines use recycled plastic bottles, an industry first.

iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini - two sizes depending on your preference. 

28% brighter display with a 1200 nit peak brightness with HDR content.

Message 21 of 36

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini continued...

Performance wise, it's the A15 bionic chip powering these beauties. 6-core CPU - 4x high efficiency and 2x high performance. Fastest CPU in any smartphone - 50% faster than the leading competition, Apple claims. 4-core GPU with 30% faster graphics vs the leading competition.

Most advanced dual camera system ever. 47% more light for less noise and brighter results in photos and videos, thanks to larger pixels that gather more light. Low-light sample photos Apple are showing on the stream do look stunning!

Message 22 of 36

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max - now official, and Apple's most Pro phone EVER.

Featuring premium materials, their front ceramic shield glass, an all new camera system, new display, and a bigger battery. Same A15 bionic as mentioned previously, but with a 5-core GPU with 50% faster graphics than the leading competition for high performance gaming.

Super Retina XDR display - 1000 nits peak outdoor brightness, with ProMotion. From 10Hz to 120Hz, ProMotion responds dynamically to match the content shown on the display. 

Message 23 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K wrote:

What's not currently USB-C, but should be?

The iPhone 12 should've been but again they refuse to let it die. Fingers crossed this time. 

Message 24 of 36

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

Sorry but yawn... there is nothing exciting about Apple anymore... just a rehash of the same old....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 25 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Sorry but yawn... there is nothing exciting about Apple anymore... just a rehash of the same old....

Nothing there to make me want to go out & spend £600, £1000 + on anything Apple. 

New iPad with only an A13 in it... What a con.

Message 26 of 36

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions

The thing is Apple used to be all about innovation... now its just a colour and upgraded cpu.... nothing else.... they are now so IBM lol

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 27 of 36

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

With the event now finished, we know some customers will be interested in the new devices Apple announced. We'll have more details coming soon so in the meantime, please do stand by for more info.

One word... Megathread!

Message 28 of 36

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Looked good all around but nothing impressed me outside the Mini. The Mrs is getting the new iPhone 13 as she has needed an upgrade for 5 years. I’ll be investing in an iPad Mini 6 at some point. I have the old 12.9 as my main work device, with the keyboard. Working from home means its great to take video call and do some serious work on but then i can’t take notes with the pencil! I was thinking of getting an Air but this will be cheaper, faster and more portable. Also much easier to carry around compared to the 12.9. This will be fantastic as my carry around, note taking, media consumption basic productivity device slight_smile

The new regular sized “iPad” is a nice upgrade but nothing massive. These are always intended for the low entry level point and more for education use. Thats how they advertised it when it was first “released” this line up a few years ago as the fourth model that sits between the air, mini and pro models. Therefore, i never expect any big upgrades so they can keep costs down on this model. Working in education I know that loads of people took up this option so clearly there is a market! Especially when they pay student prices direct from Apple!

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 29 of 36

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I wouldn’t call it a con. It’s a different iPad for entry level or basic use. The entry level iPad Air is £579 on normal pricing with the entry level iPad being £319 with a slightly older chip, (Air has A14 iPad has A13). The pricing is less if you get it via Apple for Education. Thats a massive £260 saving for someone who doesn’t need the Air features and needs to get an iPad. Whether they need to get an iPad over a chromebook or laptop is a different point. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 30 of 36