cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on upgrade please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i recieved a call early last week from who i thought was O2 to discuss my upgrade which is due on the 30th, i went through everything to set up my upgrade including my payment details etc etc and was being offered the same deal which i had seen on the shop so really had no reason to be weary, however at the end when the lady was going through the legal stuff she mentioned car phone warehouse? does this now mean i have upgraded through them rather than through o2?

Please help!!

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
They have had my details since Wednesday so surely there would have been some activity by now?

They can't do anything until O2 approve the upgrade - Hence my comment to call O2 asap.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 41 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just sorted this with O2
Message 42 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Just sorted this with O2

Good news - It's important that you acted quickly with this one slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 43 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would still call the bank myself
Message 44 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try and ring the number tomorrow morning and speak to the woman i spoke to last time (i even got a name), if that fails the bank will be getting informed.

Message 45 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on please slight_smile
Message 46 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will do and thank you so much to everyone for the help slight_smile

Message 47 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
A word to the wise for anyone else reading this thread thinking of upgrading ------NEVER ON THE BACK OF A COLD CALL!

Delighted to hear you are winning this one.
Message 48 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, this has taught me a VERY big lesson, the only reason i really trusted it was down to the phone number being 0202, and in all honesty they could still turn out to be genuine but i will not be taking any chances here, it will be getting cancelled first thing in the morning and my account will be checked every half hour.

Message 49 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Argh we have all been there at some point and sadly we have all had our fingers burnt at some point.

The good thing is that you saw it early and are sorting it. Great stuff and well done.
Message 50 of 58