Did you mean: 

Activating mobile data on replaced Apple Watch

Damo_H
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello O2'ers.

Apple have sent me out a replacement Watch S4 Cellular under AppleCare. The previous one was working fine with O2 mobile data. The new one has obviously got a new IMEI. I assume that's why it won't now activate to O2 and is the reason why I'm getting the "Oops, something went wrong. Try again and if the problem continues call 202 for free from your O2 mobile, quoting reference code 04"

I removed the plan correctly from my old Watch.

Anyone know if there is a way to recify this myself or does it need sorting by O2. Obviously that's just not possible right now. I have spent a considerable amount of time reading through the community and see similar posts from the past but no mention of a user fixing it themselves.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Damo_H 

I fear this will need account intervention from O2 Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Damo_H
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi MI5 and thanks for your reply.

This is pretty much as I had feared. I fully understand that O2, like many other businesses, are dealing with major issues right now due to staffing, but it would be helpful if they had a support page where people could log their issues in the hope that they would be looked at where time and resource allows. Right now there’s nothing but a void.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Frustrating for us all mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4