Did you mean: 

Accessing Email on Iphone whilst in USA

adzd75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

My boss is travelling to the USA next week and has asked me to find out what he needs to do on his Iphone to be able to access his emails whilst over there.

He recently travelled in Europe and his emails would not work.

Could anybody please tell me how I can set his phone to be able to access and send emails once he is in the USA?

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Call customer service and ask them to check his data tariff is set to iData and also get them to check that international usage is enabled.
With these two things on it will work albeit a bit slow unfortunately.
He can also have the o2 travel bolt on which will give an allowance of calls and texts and data for £4.99 per day.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Call customer service and ask them to check his data tariff is set to iData and also get them to check that international usage is enabled.
With these two things on it will work albeit a bit slow unfortunately.
He can also have the o2 travel bolt on which will give an allowance of calls and texts and data for £4.99 per day.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@adzd75 If your boss needs to check his email on the go, then he will need access to his data, but there are also plenty of free WiFi hotspots (albeit not that secure) that he can also use. Most hotels also offer WiFi for free, or some for a very small daily charge, which I'm sure he could write off as a business expense.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm guessing that if the OP's /Opies / Original Poster's boss is too busy to sort this out himself (especially after having had the issue in Europe ) then the solution that requires the least thought, albeit more expensive, is probably what's needed. Busy people these boss types 😛

Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @adzd75, take a look at the suggestions above from our members and let us know if you have any further questions? slight_smile 

Additional question, do you know if it's a Business contract on O2 that your boss has or a personal one? There's some info for Business accounts when travelling abroad on the O2 website here in case helpful! slight_smile

Message 5 of 5