cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 Plus at the Carphone Warehouse?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I ordered the 7 plus, 256mb, rose gold on 10th and still have received no news as comms has been rubbish.  On the verge of cancelling my order and re-purchasing from the Carphonewarehouse - delivery times are a lot less (within 3 weeks).

Anyone else upgraded via carphone and having a better experience than dealing direct with o2?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , i upgraded via CPW on O2 and received my iphone 7 plus 128g rose gold on launch day. Did O2 themselves provide any plus models of any size or colour on launch day?

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm that's interesting.  As far as I am aware (and have read a fair few threads on this site), no one has had any joy receiving the 7 plus direct from o2.  Very tempted to bail. 

CPW currently showing delivery date of the exact model you ordered for 7th October.  And some showing as soon as 30th September.  Sounds alot more promising than the November timeframe some have been quoted on here....

Message 3 of 11

AJ1982
Level 3: Thinker
  • 49 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

November?! Seriously? If that's the case I'm jumping ship!

O2! This is 🐮💩!

🖕

Message 4 of 11

Olamilekan
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Just be mindful, CPW or Apple don't offer the refresh contracts so it would be a straight 24months. I made the same mistake with the release of the IPhone 6. After waiting 3 weeks with 02, cancelled my order with 02, walked into Apple Store picked up a phone after reserving it so had to be tied down to the 2years. 

If if you wish to upgrade every year or want the option of buying out your contract whenever then staying with 02 is your only option. I have no option so just have to wait till 02 can listen to our frustrations.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Olamilekan wrote:

Just be mindful, CPW or Apple don't offer the refresh contracts so it would be a straight 24months. I made the same mistake with the release of the IPhone 6. After waiting 3 weeks with 02, cancelled my order with 02, walked into Apple Store picked up a phone after reserving it so had to be tied down to the 2years. 

If if you wish to upgrade every year or want the option of buying out your contract whenever then staying with 02 is your only option. I have no option so just have to wait till 02 can listen to our frustrations.

EE do it & Apple as well with their upgrade program but yes, this is the main reason I chose O2 myself.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nearly walked into this trap as well.

Carphone gave me a delivery date of the 14th Oct for the 128gb 7+, which is at least more than what o2 is doing.

All I could imagine was my regret in a years time when the new one comes out!
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
People have received Iphone 7 Plus models from O2 its just that they have no need to post in the forums so we are only really hearing from those who are waiting. Apple has stock shortages, primarily with the black models but people have received rose gold and silver models from O2 on launch day. Apple has confirmed that they have stock shortages, my guess is that the new Apple upgrade programme and new finance packages were more popular than they expected and chewed through a lot of their stock before supplying the needs of third party suppliers. As with all Apple launches, after the initial stock is depleted the following batch always arrives after 5-6 weeks. All those, including myself, who pre ordered within the first couple of hours will receive their phones within this same 5-6 week window.
I also had the same thought about jumping ship and checked a few other retailers for stock. The only supplier listing models as in stock was Carphone Warehouse. They were listing my particulr model as being in stock with an ETA for the 21st September. This sounded to good to be true so I jumped in a live chat and asked if they had stock and they told me the 21st October, 1 month after the date listed on the product page. At this point I think all retailers are struggling for stock, Apple themselves are having stock issues so I'm just gonna patiently wait and I'm sure when they do arrive with O2 it will be a big batch and they will be able to fulfil all remaining 9.9 pre orders at the same time. Iv seen the same thing happen with a couple of Apple launches now as well as several other high end pre orders that I have been a part of in the last few years.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

My 7plus 128gb silver arrived direct from o2 on Monday morning

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought about ordering the silver model when I saw the black models with 6 week waiting times, however I already have the 6S so Im in no major rush and am happy to wait the 2-6 weeks to get the exact model and color that I want.

Message 10 of 11