cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4s New Sim - Carrier Unlock

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I've recently paid up my contract with O2 on my iPhone 4s. They said, about 80 hours ago now, that my phone would be unlocked by Apple within 72 hours, however it's not been done. I'm wondering, before I complain, is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks,

Dave

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
The usual quoted time is between 7 - 14 days so I'm not sure why you were told 72 hours. To be on the safe side you can fill out the unlock request form https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
How did you request the unlock?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the phone, I rang again yesterday to make sure it had gone through, the guy on the phone said it had and was waiting to be processed. However by now, which is approximately 80 hours after, it's still not done.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
The usual quoted time is between 7 - 14 days so I'm not sure why you were told 72 hours. To be on the safe side you can fill out the unlock request form https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to someone there who said they will unlock it at 10am tomorrow when they are in, just have to wait and see, if not I'll give that link a try. Thanks.

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I'm not sure how someone says they will unlock it at 10am? The unlock is done by Apple so the request has to go through them. I would fill in the form anyway.

Message 6 of 6