cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving image attachments with messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help please - new to O2 community and new to iPhone 5. I'm assured messages are being sent to my phone (from a Nokia) with attached photo's.  Nothing is getting through - neither text message nor attached image. Would be very grateful for advice. Many thanks.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I told you I was a novice - not your fault, my lack of knowledge and understanding!

Have sent MMS as text message to 1010 and it appears to been delivered. Good news ?

Message 11 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Yes that's good news. Have you also tried the reset network settings? Once you do that, reboot the phone and try sending yourself a picture.

At least you will know that your phone is set up correctly and the problem would lie within the O2 system.

Incidentally, could you send/receive mms with your Galaxy?

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am very aware of your time - thank you.

Re: Galaxy, no, I never had need to send/receive mms before;

How do I reset the network settings (have recently accepted new BT Infinity" and new BT router .. may be utterly irrelevant!!)

Is rebooting phone simply switching it off and on again, or is there more to it ?

DavidRoy.

Message 13 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Yes the router is irrelevant:smileyhappy:

On your phoe,

Settings

General

Cellular Data

Then scroll to bottom and choose Reset/Reset network settings.

Reboot your phone (switch off/on:smileyhappy:)

Try sending yourself a picture.

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just sent a picture to myself ... it worked!! Eureka ??

DavidRoy

Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Truly grateful for your time and expertise. I feel you must be a tutor / teacher /lecturer judging by your patience. With renewed and sincere thanks,  DavidRoy

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please may I add on my question?

I have a new iPhone 5 and a new O2 contract. I've never had either before, the two belong together. 

I bought a mms bolt on on October 28th, and sent half a dozen pictures a couple of days later. 

Now I can't. 

I've just tried sending one to myself, and that worked; but I can't send pictures to the person I sent the half dozen to last month.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions. 

Ta. 

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that imessage only functions between iPhones. It appears you cannot send a message with attached photo unless recepient also uses an iPhone. Other more experienced O2 community users may know of a solution for you. Good luck. DavidRoy

Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply. It does indeed work with iMessage and not messages to non iPhones. Odd. Because a week ago it worked with green balloons too
Message 19 of 19