O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 1: Joiner

Re: Nano sim - where have you tried and the result

Friend just told me he picked one up from the Wood Green store in London just now.
Level 5: Ponderer

I picked one up yesterday evening from O2 in Nottingham (near Vic centre) ... just asked ... chap was friendly and rung one up for £0.00 and i was done

Took about 9 hours last night for swap to go through
iPhone5s 32GB Space Grey
Twitter: @highlightshadow

I managed to pick one up from the O2 store on Strand this afternoon at 3pm (went at 1:30 first but there was a massive queue), took literally 60 seconds, no questions, seemed to have a good supply!

Topics: 3
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 0

Picked up my nano sim from O2 shop in Southampton, no problem, could not activate in shop though, was told in shop could only activate on iPhone 5 launch day.

Tried activating through website twice yesterday, no luck.

Tried activating through web chat, was told they could not activate nano sim until launch day

Tried activating through SMS 2 hours ago, awaiting results.. nothing yet.

Not sure how some of you managed to transfer SIM over to nano sim? 

Once I'd gone through all the 'swap' texts, I was waiting for the signal to drop off my current iPhone... it didn't seem to automatically, but it did when I tried making a calling; it could just have been good timing or it could be that it doesn't refresh the signal status that often?  Try calling your voicemail or somewhere and see if that works?  It was only about 15 minutes from texting O2 to the transfer going through.

Got mine today from Uxbridge store. Went in expecting the worst, but staff were lovely.

Sim swap done by text in 5 minutes. Couldn't be happier. 

Kudos: 18
Solutions: 2

WolfySpirit wrote:

Picked up my nano sim from O2 shop in Southampton, no problem, could not activate in shop though, was told in shop could only activate on iPhone 5 launch day.

Tried activating through website twice yesterday, no luck.

Tried activating through web chat, was told they could not activate nano sim until launch day

Tried activating through SMS 2 hours ago, awaiting results.. nothing yet.

Not sure how some of you managed to transfer SIM over to nano sim? 

You can transfer before the launch day. I did mine by text and it was pretty much instant Smiley Wink

Get that iPhone 5 to me naaaw!
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 0

SMS message did it, took 3 hours, but SIM was swapped with no problems.

Level 2: Apprentice

I was on the phone to our local store this morning just to double check about sim swapping and opting in to the pay & go go go tariff. Think someone had just woken up. LOL.

You can order the sims online now too, I noticed. At least for PAYG. http://freesim.o2.co.uk/freesim/tariffs/snowball?campaign=1033