cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to get into google.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, my Samsung A5-16 has done an update i use finger touch security as i'm not good with passwords, after the update it asked for a password which said it was to protect my fingertip security..i didn't have a password but entered a few that it might be but after a while the lock out period got longer..up to an hour, i contacted the 02 Guru who did a factory re-set, Google won't let me into my device as it is saying it has been reset and requires the original user name and password...i don't have it. 02 keep sending me unlocking codes which i don't need, Google aren't very helpfull and Samsung have still to pull their heads out of the sand and talk to me. can this wretched Google thing be bypassed or is my device now useless? it's only 3 months old..HELP!.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
You can rest your Google password online.
Surely you can remember your Gmail address?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
It just needs your Google log in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

You always have to set up a PIN or a password when you set up a fingerprint reader. As @MI5 says, your Google log in should get your phone working again. You can then reset your fingerprint reader.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

All login and password details have been lost i'm thinking i should go on line and pay the money and do a side sync to bypass it as really starting to *bleep* me off.

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
You can rest your Google password online.
Surely you can remember your Gmail address?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23184 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

@Anonymous Please follow @MI5's advice. This should not cost you any money.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123289 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Out of interest @Anonymous how long have you had the phone?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since July 2016 i've just recieved at last an email from Samsung i have to give them serial numbers and other info and take the device to a Samsung my nearest centre ( plymouth) and they will carry out a reboot, so it looks like things are on the move, if it's successfull i will post on here. 

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
It's the only way. They'll need to check it's not stolen etc.....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions