cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sony xperia z cracked sreen

Anonymous
Not applicable

i looked at my phone for a text and literally put phone in pocket and few minutes later pulled it out to a crack on screen and top half of phone no touch sensor, how do i go about getting this sorted out?

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i looked at my phone for a text and literally put phone in pocket and few minutes later pulled it out to a crack on screen and top half of phone no touch sensor, how do i go about getting this sorted out?

If you have insurance you could make a claim on it, alternatively send it off via O2 for repair but you would be looking at a charge to have the screen replaced. It may work out cheaper to look elsewhere for a replacement screen.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have insurance you could make a claim on it, alternatively send it off via O2 for repair but you would be looking at a charge to have the screen replaced. It may work out cheaper to look elsewhere for a replacement screen.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get this sorted, as I called 02 with exactly the same issue and they are refusing to repair it.  They said to me that no one else has reported issue, obviously a lie...

Message 3 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

The same happened to my phone about 2 weeks ago - I have contacted O2 & Sony - Apparently it is an issue with the phone overheating whilst on charge causing the screen to expand & contract thus overtime creating a slight crack in the screen (O2 deny this & I'm waiting on Sony to get back to me) I will not let this lie if Sony refuse that its a manufacturing issue - I have already contacted Watchdog & the Communication Ombudsman about this - O2 say its up to me to sort out with Sony as it there product (if I bought a Ford car I wouldn't go direct to Ford I would go to the garage I bought it from) - all you need to do to see this issue is widespread is look on the forums or google "XperiaZ cracked screen" you will be pleasantly surprised on how many there is.

Message 4 of 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

In order for O2 to be able to deal with this Sony would have to admit it's a manufacturing fault.

Until that happens O2 can only assume you have broken it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just had the same. the phone was charging at work, unplugged it and walked outside to take a call and i couldn't answer it as the screen was not responding. i forced a reboot and still not working. So i then take it out of the case and take the screen protector of and a crack right across the screen.

Sent it to o2 as they said they will take a look and repair it if no sign of damage. So send it off to get a bill of £234 and said its black and white if the screen is damaged it classed as i have damaged it and not covered. Funny the person on the phone booking it didn't say that.

So the bottom line it is i have to pay a contract for a phone that doesn’t work for the next 1 and 9 months. thanks sony.

Message 6 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Why not try sending it to Sony directly....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 28

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sent it to o2 as they said they will take a look and repair it if no sign of damage. So send it off to get a bill of £234 and said its black and white if the screen is damaged it classed as i have damaged it and not covered. Funny the person on the phone booking it didn't say that.

So the bottom line it is i have to pay a contract for a phone that doesn’t work for the next 1 and 9 months. thanks sony.

The person on the phone hadn't seen it so was unable to to know.

You don't have to accept their price, you may get it fixed cheaper elsewhere.

Of course you have to pay your contract, get a cheap handset to use until yours is fixed.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 8 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Some news for anyone with this issue....
http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/11/08/sony-will-repair-certain-cracked-displays-for-xperia-z-series-s...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 28

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That will make a few people happy as long as they go to Sony.

Let's hope O2 are advised of this too.

Message 10 of 28