cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sony xperia z cracked sreen

Anonymous
Not applicable

i looked at my phone for a text and literally put phone in pocket and few minutes later pulled it out to a crack on screen and top half of phone no touch sensor, how do i go about getting this sorted out?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Maybe Toby can feedback to the repairs team ??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Just my guess but I think they would need an official directive from Sony before doing these repairs free as Sony would have to pay O2 for doing them.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 28

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'd guess you'd be right also.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here, mine went pig on Saturday 14th December. Had a call earlier to say that there would be a charge of £237.56 to fix it so I rang O2 and surprise, surprise they've never heard of the problem. I now have to wait for the phone to come back so I can send it to Sony.

To be honest, even if it gets fixed I won't get another Sony phone and I sure as hell won't stay with O2. I don't appreciate being lied to or being charged for something that is clearly not my fault. I will strongly advise my family, friends and customers to avoid both like the plague.

Message 14 of 28

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Just love O2's 'repairers'! **bleep** Turpin? They bring a whole new meaning to highway robbery?
Message 15 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also had this problem and o2 are refusing to fix it even though the phone is only 2 months old and o2 a refusing to repair it and calling it physical damage. When will they realise that this is a real problem and actually fix it, clearly Which, BBC watchdog and the dutch regulatory authorities all recognise this problem so why will the phone companies not?

Message 16 of 28

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Have you contacted Sony directly as advised on the watchdog programme?

Currently using:
Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Xperia Z2 cracked screen when only 3 weeks old.  Pity because it was a brilliant phone. Screen cracking is crazed and all over the screen, not spreading out from one spot. I had not dropped the phone or damaged it. Shop manager accepted that there is no sign of impact damage, but refused to agree to repair or replace the phone. He also said that if it is sent to O2 for repair I would be accepting responsibility for the cost of repairs, and therefore accepting responsibility for the defect in the phone. I refused. I contacted customer service who were a bit more open-minded and said send it for assessment, but the repair centre refused to accept that the phone is defective. As you can't talk to the repair centre, you can't find out if they can explain the cracking. 

Like all other customers of O2, my contract is with O2 not Sony. O2 has the same obligations as any other retailer who supplies defective goods - repair or replace.  There seems to be a company policy of refusing to repair or replace defective phones where the screen has cracked, and to blame the customer even if O2 can't explain how the screen might have cracked and can find no evidence of impact damage.  

Message 18 of 28

MI5
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Your only redress is to go back to Sony as advised above.
No retailer is going to repair screen damage FOC regardless of evidence of damage or not.
The goods aren't faulty, they are damaged (distinction) regardless of how that "damage" has occurred......

Currently using:
Message 19 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are anumber of examples of, for example, spotaneous cracking of glass, and a number of possible explanations, eg the glass is too thin for the use to which it is put, or it is held so tight that it cannot stand expansion and contraction, and cracks as a result. If this sort of thing has occurred it would be a design fault or a manufacturing fault.  Cracking of glass on a phone, if caused by a design or manufacturing fault, is a defect. The cracking is the consequence of that defect. You cannot say that just because it has cracked that is "damage" and somehow excuse the supplier of the phone. If the windscreen on a 3 week old car had cracked without any impact damage (eg the car had been in a garage for the 3 weeks) would you say that, nevertheles, the supplier of the car would be able to refuse to repair or replace the windscreen? 

Message 20 of 28