cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up my virginmedia email account on Google nexus 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I very recently got the latest google nexus six and am very happy in the main, but I cannot set up my virginmedia email account up? I have set it up on my old iPhone 4s OK and even on my nexus seven tablet but I just can't work out this nexus 6????
Any help appreciated
Rob
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
I use K9 email app - real easy wink
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9&hl=en
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried K9 and this doesn't seem to work either??

It loaded up ok with no issues but when it looks for messages, all I get is a blank screen?

Says it is loading up 25 messages, but then nothing???

Rob

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
How old is the last message on the server and what have you set the download time limit to?
1 day, 1 week or 30 days?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Err, 12:50 today as I use it as my main email addy.
I wouldnt know where to look for time limit so I would guess it is standard?
thanks,

Rob
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
OK, so was this the same error you got when trying to set up previously?
Have you rebooted the phone recently?
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try 'Type Mail' from the play store.. It's the only one I could find that loaded up my BT mail complete with email folders I had created. Others I tried including the sony email app only showed the basic inbox. Give it a go.
Message 7 of 7