cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set up email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suddenly my mobile has stopped connecting to my email account and it won't reset to connect. Keeps sayng unable to connect to server. I am with Sky for my email account which comes via Yahoo. Is anyone having the same problem? Can you advise me what to do? Not just my phone as others are reporting the same problem. Seems to have started in the evening on 25th July? The how to guides don't seem to cover this help either!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can access my bt mail through my lap top and I have changed my password. I have deleted the account from my mobile and reinstated it but it still comes up with the same message.
Message 11 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Have you double checked that all settings are the same on the phone including port settings and any tick boxes to use authentication, SSL etc?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I've checked and 're checked. I'm ticked and ticked but still the same.
Message 13 of 24

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Unfortunately, it sounds like either a factory reset of the phone or a different email app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 24

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Miraculously all my emails have just loaded on my mobile!!! I don't know why this happened as the last time I tried to log in was this morning !! Thanks for your help.
Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
Did you reboot or anything?
Glad it's sorted anyway slight_smile

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 17 of 24

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
No not today. I did when I first had the issue on 30th Sept . Would it have been 02?? Anyway back now thanks.
Message 19 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Definitely a BT issue @Anonymous. This has happened on 2 occasions to me with my bt account. Deleted it from mobile, reinstalled and all returned eventually. I have the same account on PC and we had some issues over the weekend. I think BT itself was suffering some sort of problem if honest....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 24