cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung phone fire !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thiis morning at 5am ish i was woken up by a crackling sound to my horror my phone was sparking smouldering. just before i was about to lift it the battery popped and burst into flames. the phone is now completely ruined and i have burns in my carpet and it has melted part of my bedroom window. there was no prior warnings and the phone was in good condition. This happened at 5 am in the morning and if i had not woken up i would not be here now asking for advice. i contacted your chat service today and ive got to be honest i should just have spoken to a lettuce. all the operator was saying was "we'll send you a new simcard" and " you will have to buy  new handset" !!! i'm going to have to replace the carpet and the part of the window tats melted so my last thought is buying a new phone !!!! he said id get my sim card for free..... i dont think he was taking my complaint seriously......

where do i stand on this? im fuming and im shaken by wat could have happened.

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Rajat didn't even check the warranty status or age of device, in fact he, from the outset, laid blame at op..
"STUART: no, i went to bed at 3am. i dont drink,i dont smoke. i charge it every night as i always have done. there was no warning at all.

O2 GURU -: I am sure there had been something wrong !!, as it will not blew up on it own !!"

@Anonymous
Obviously the s3 if bought 6 months ago, was a refurb?
Can you remember the warranty on it? How long etc?

Message 41 of 48

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Just read this thread and am glad you are ok Stuart and that you woke up in time .

Message 42 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

all i remember is the phone was in its box,and had a security seal on it.  as far as i was concerned or knew it wasnt a refurb. i wasnt told it was a refurb.

Message 43 of 48

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23177 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

Well the S3 was originally released in 2012, so I doubt it was a new one if you bought it six months ago. Do you still have the box?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 44 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

no, ive been through a relationship break down since then and all i had was the phone and charger. 

samsung sent someone from a company in dundee and they have taken it away to be sent to samsungs head office. the gentleman who picked it up said ...and i quote" ive never seen that happen before, your lucky you woke up". samsung in all honesty have been brilliant,phoned me 4 times yesterday and hopefully find out why it happened.

Message 45 of 48

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
They can't afford not to be very thorough
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 47 of 48

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

no, ive been through a relationship break down since then and all i had was the phone and charger. 

samsung sent someone from a company in dundee and they have taken it away to be sent to samsungs head office. the gentleman who picked it up said ...and i quote" ive never seen that happen before, your lucky you woke up". samsung in all honesty have been brilliant,phoned me 4 times yesterday and hopefully find out why it happened.

Really pleased to hear your making some progress with this issue @Anonymous Please let us know the outcome. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 48 of 48