cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with experia Z1

Anonymous
Not applicable

recieved my new handset yesterday. the phone keeps restsrting its self or completly shutting down anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You have the option to take it back within 7 working days.

Instead of tinkering with it ref soft and hard resets.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You have the option to take it back within 7 working days.

Instead of tinkering with it ref soft and hard resets.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mines ok, only had it up and running for a few hours and had loads of updates for apps and stuff. If your phone is still doing this, i'd try and get it replaced now before it gets worse
Message 3 of 11

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
Mine has been fine so I would advise you return yours ASAP
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 4 of 11

masterwai
Level 3: Thinker
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No issues with rebooting but mine did freeze up a couple of times....

once when i booteed the device up - just a black screen with the backlight and nothing - lasted a good minutes before i got the o2 splash screen

the second time it was when i pressed the back button and the same thing happened

also and not sure if this is just mie or the same happenig on others - the camera software

the scene selection mode only apperas if you select videoo mode and not stills mode... which i find strange

I have had my handset for 72 hours

i am just wondering if i should return and get another one....

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@masterwai wrote:

No issues with rebooting but mine did freeze up a couple of times....

once when i booteed the device up - just a black screen with the backlight and nothing - lasted a good minutes before i got the o2 splash screen

the second time it was when i pressed the back button and the same thing happened

also and not sure if this is just mie or the same happenig on others - the camera software

the scene selection mode only apperas if you select videoo mode and not stills mode... which i find strange

I have had my handset for 72 hours

i am just wondering if i should return and get another one....

Hi,

I would have lost confidence if this happened to me in the early stages of owning the phone.

While I had the option to return the hardware and swap it out then I would. 

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know Sony have already released a software update for unbranded Xperia Z1's.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had no problems at all. Not tried scene selection but sure I read that somewhere else!
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

mine did exactly the same and then yesterday the screen died and the phone was hot.

Trying a replacement but a bit worried about it all now.

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i have just read your message about your phone. I have got the Experia T which i had for over six months. When Sony said the phone was getting a new update a few months ago. I updated the phone to the latest version and every thing seem fine. Then a few weeks later the phone would just reboot itself the message on the screen would say sim card ejected. Then it would start up then go back to main screen. Then after a few minutes it would do the same thing all over again. Spock to Sony about the problem they then said to do a software repair which i did after a couple of weeks same thing agian.

Message 10 of 11