cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s5 warning camera failed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Was wondering if anyone else is getting this pop up error 'warning camera failed'  when opening up the camera or the camera taking a long time to take a picture while saying hold the camera steady while capturing image ??

Have seen a few links on this issue (google, galaxy s5 camera failed) saying samsung have confirmed an issue with the rom, so if anyone from O2 is reading this can you comment with what I should do please.

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I am sure @MI5  will advise further on this?

Surely something can be done as Samsung have freely admitted to a fault with the camera on some S5's..

I would imagine if the phone is still under warranty you should have some expectation from Samsung...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145017 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
As ive said a number of times. Samsung will fix it for free but they will need to have the phone to do so......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Don't be tempted to send it to Anovo (O2's repairers) because it's the easier option. A search for them on the Community will show why we always recommend to go direct to the manufacturer. It's pointless arguing that there is no fix. Your mobile has a fault, return it for repair/replacement to Samsung or just put up with it.

Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've encountered the same problem. I rang o2 who denied all knowledge of any problem, so i contacted samsung direct who also say they've not heard of this. I have to now send my phone away to be repaired which can take upto 10 days. Not a happy bunny as they know it's an issue and reading around it's now becoming a problem with more than just a select few handsets in usa!! come samsung get your act together. Factory reset does not sort the problem out despite them swearing blind it will. Shame i've been a samsung customer for years but this is really not good

Message 14 of 19

HD66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have also recently started getting this error on my Galaxy S5. Took it back to the Samsung Experience Store where I bought it from and they said that it would have to be sent away for 2-3 weeks. I asked what I was supposed to do in the meantime and they said they would loan me a phone but it wouldn't be a smartphone. I wasn't happy with that at all. Especially since before I bought the phone, I asked the sales assistant if there was a fault with the camera on the S5s (having read a lot of reviews forums etc about a camera fault) and got told there was no known faults. I decided to right an email to Samsung and they said that this was not a known fault. What the hell is Samsung playing at?? I am sure that I can't be the only person who has complained to Samsung about this fault and they are denying all knowledge of it? I have been a loyal Samsung customer for a long time but now having read the previous post and through my own experience, I will have to think twice before purchasing another Samsung mobile. Very poor of Samsung to be treating its customers like this.

Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I know this thread seems a bit old but I have the "warning - camera failed" on my S5. I took it in to o2 last week and thet sent it away for repair. After taking 5 days to get there I received a text informing me that the repair wasnt covered by the warranty and said they would give me a quote.

I called the store I took it in to and they contacted the repair centre. The repairers said that the watertight itegrity had been compromised by a small break in the water seal that the warranty was invalid and asked I pay £120 to have it fixed. There is no sign of water damage, its never been near any water adn been kept in a protective wallet from day one.

The phone is in very good condition, the back has only been off it a maximum of five times to put in the batter and to put in and remove the SD card. I had to take the back off the first time the "warning _ camera failed" showed to be able to switch the phone off,

Its now being sent back from the factory, I am not paying for the repair as this is a known problem with the S5 camera and regardless of the warranty status a camera on a phone should be expected to last more than 15 months.

Its obviously a scam by the repairers, theres absilutely nothing else wrong with the phone and theres certainly never been any water damage.

I would like to hear peoples thoughts on this.

B

Message 16 of 19

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

This has been going on for years with Anovo. I would suggest that no one deals with them for repairs. ALWAYS go to the manufacturer. 

Message 17 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

A scam by the repairers you say @Anonymous? Water damage is the main 'fault' Anova ever find. An absolute disgrace of a company. On here we always advise to contact the manufacturer first... ie Samsung in your case.

If your phone is under 2 years old it will still be under warranty.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. The phone was returned to the o2 shop and I asked to see the damage. The manager said he couldnt show me it. He couldnt find anything wrong with it. He agreed that the phone is almost perfect condition. I was ready for a bit of a fight but he said that because he thought I had been faffed about a bit that he would replace it with a new one.

With reference abut going to Samsung, I have a couple of comments. The authorised Samsung repair shop is the same shop where I took a Nokia phone for repair over seven years ago; I still havent had it back !!!  At that time o2 had to give me a new phone as I couldnt get the phone back from the repairers as they couldnt find out what was wrong with it but wanted to keep it in case they at some point in the future could fix it.

Also I purchased my phone from o2 so my contract is with them not Samsung.

Thanks for all the comments.

Message 19 of 19