cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 camera failed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, just wondering if anyone is getting this message, tried the usual clear coaches and clear cache partition but no joy. Camera doesn't work always and have to switch it on and off many times. Looking at swapping it but interest says likely to be on all phones???? Any ideas. Tia
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
Just call O2 and get it swapped for a brand new phone.
You shouldn't have problems like this and there have been many reviews about the S7 camera on line which do not report this issue.
Yours must be faulty or have a software issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23208 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

The phone is probably too new for there to be much feedback on your problem. You'd be better off contacting Samsung support. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Hi again @Anonymous  You seem to be having a few issues with this new S7. I can't think a camera failed notice is common. Maybe @viridis could help with this one?

I keep passing you on to the experts you see...by mentioning them in my posts they should be able to help you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Perform a factory reinitialisation using smartswitch.
This will reinstall the firmware and clear up any mis installed components such as camera
Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
Just call O2 and get it swapped for a brand new phone.
You shouldn't have problems like this and there have been many reviews about the S7 camera on line which do not report this issue.
Yours must be faulty or have a software issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK thanks you. Samsung were not very helpful at all....I get all the luck lol
Message 6 of 16

Bambino
  • 23208 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

I would tend to agree with @MI5 then. You would have to do it within the 14 day cooling off period. The only problem you may encounter is stock availability at this point in time. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 145010 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions
28 days for a faulty device @Bambino

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

Bambino
  • 23208 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

Ah. Okay @MI5. Thanks for the correction. There still might be an issue with stock, though. If the OP is having problems, which is what it appears on a number of things, best they put it in for return asap.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did contact them and was told 21st March before they can swap for a new 1. How do I do a reset using smart switch @viridis?
Message 10 of 16