cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s4 air gesture issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

So i got my s4 today. Overall great phone but have one issue and not sure if it is just me or the phone itself. When you hoover over the message you supposed to see that message (you actually dont need to touch the screen). it works for me but only on some messages for example sent from 02 but it doesnt work on messages sent from my friend. Anyone experienced the same?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on the length of the first mesage within that thread. 

If the entire message first within the standard preview of the thread, then the hover-gesture popup would just show the same thing so it doesn't work.  If the first text in the thread is too large to fit in the thread preview, the air-view popup will show the whole message. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't got one so haven't experienced it but I did read somewhere that the air gesture was a bit hit and miss at times

Message 2 of 6

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

I'll look into this. I havent heard of any issues with air gestures, but then the phone has only just landed.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So i got my s4 today. Overall great phone but have one issue and not sure if it is just me or the phone itself. When you hoover over the message you supposed to see that message (you actually dont need to touch the screen). it works for me but only on some messages for example sent from 02 but it doesnt work on messages sent from my friend. Anyone experienced the same?

Yes I too experience the same problem when previewing text messages. Absolutely fine for all texts except those from friends in contacts. Maybe there is an option deep within the phone somewhere.. I will have a root around.. it is an odd one though.

It would also be great if the preview worked on other apps rather than just the Samsung specific apps... guess the devs will sooner or later catch up with this? Cat Happy

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on the length of the first mesage within that thread. 

If the entire message first within the standard preview of the thread, then the hover-gesture popup would just show the same thing so it doesn't work.  If the first text in the thread is too large to fit in the thread preview, the air-view popup will show the whole message. 

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is correct. I kind of knew that this might be the case after 1 day of using the phone. Oh well doesnt hurt to ask...

Message 6 of 6