cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy s issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im having several issues with my galaxy s .i calibrated the battery and lost all my text messages,even the locked ones,my settings changed for mobile data and needed re-entering.now my phone wont charge on charger or usb and wont conect to kies,im on froyo 2.2 and have never had an option to update it in all the time ive had it.feel like ive lost an arm not being able to use it.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Always use genuine Samsung batteries as generic ones don't always have the correct calibration chips in them. If the phone runs flat on a non Samsung battery you can loose data - might be why you lost your text messages? To do a reset you need to turn off the phone then hold Volume Up + Home + Power until you see the Samsung splash screen then let go. Phone will boot into recovery mode (green android). Use the vol down key to select "reset all user data / factory reset" and use power key to execute. Scroll down the next list until you get to "yes" and press power key again. Have your Google user name and password ready to put back in when the phone reboots and you Google back up will go onto the phone. You can then go into Play to reload your apps which will be on the "My apps" tab.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You should be at least on 2.3.4 by now if not 2.3.6. Is it an O2 locked handset or open one? As its not charging or connecting it would suggest the USB port is damaged so you will need to get it repaired. We can then get the phone updated for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

it was working fine and no charging issues until it had a wobble..do ya know what couldve caused the text messages to delete.i had some locked text as didnt want to lose them.as for the froyo thing,ive never been able to connect to kies since had it,on a 24 month contract due for upgrade in march

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You are still in warranty as Samsung offer a no quibble 2 years so you can get it looked at. I would try another battery first to see if it charges then if not do a factory reset (but this will delete everything on the phone), it might get you working again though. How and why did you calibrate the battery and is it a genuine Samsung battery you are using?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

to be no honest no reason f doin it other than its on the phone.not even sure what it does but didnt see any harm in it.ive got 2 batterys one samsung one not,its only the last cpl days its been on a mad un.though it happened a few weeks ago n couldnt use it f a week but after that it was good as new.on the system restore what do i go on?

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Always use genuine Samsung batteries as generic ones don't always have the correct calibration chips in them. If the phone runs flat on a non Samsung battery you can loose data - might be why you lost your text messages? To do a reset you need to turn off the phone then hold Volume Up + Home + Power until you see the Samsung splash screen then let go. Phone will boot into recovery mode (green android). Use the vol down key to select "reset all user data / factory reset" and use power key to execute. Scroll down the next list until you get to "yes" and press power key again. Have your Google user name and password ready to put back in when the phone reboots and you Google back up will go onto the phone. You can then go into Play to reload your apps which will be on the "My apps" tab.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks il have a go of that now.i could still charge the phone when lost text messages and mms settings.il see if reset will doanything.ive puit lot of stuff on me sd card so wont lose much.gotta be better than having no phone anyway.thank youuuu

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Let us know how you get on....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

i will do thanks.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

hiya,i sent my phone back to samsung,it was with em f 8 days,i got it back today n its like brand new.they even send someone to pick it up f ya.theyve fixed the charging port, put new screen in and updated the software,it looks like s3 now.well impressed  with samsung.if anybody isnt aware they  give 2 yrs warranty with phones.

Message 10 of 13