cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My Samsung [GT-S5830i, I think!] is virtually unworkable, I have no instruction manual [the downloaded manual doesn't answer even the simplest question; like how to download photos from phone], i am unable to connect to wi-fi when overseas, mobile service is intermittent, there is no support, it is impossible to contact a 'live human' for help, there are no telephone contact numbers [which is odd for a phone company - doh!], etc. I want to cancel my contract - if there is an issue with that, I will go to law - but how or where do I do this?

I'm fed up with crap products and have decided - New  Year's Resolution slight_smile - not to 'suffer' it anymore!

Tony

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Customer Service Number Charges

From your O2 mobile202Free
From a landline0844 809 02025p / min†
From abroad+44 844 809 0200Free‡

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly calm down, list your problems and I am sure the forum will be able to help you solve the issues you have. 

If you want to cancel your contract and it is the end of your contract then contact o2 on 202 from your phone. 

Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Customer Service Number Charges

From your O2 mobile202Free
From a landline0844 809 02025p / min†
From abroad+44 844 809 0200Free‡

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Oh dear. Get yourself down to your local O2 store and get them to show you the basics. It really is quite easy to sort out your problems but you need to seek help rather than ranting about terminating your contract.

Message 4 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

To get you started, click "Contact us" at the foot of any page on this web site for the numbers and other ways of getting in touch.

Help and support are also showing on the home page.

Also because you are either having trouble with a faulty phone, which O2 could get repaired free, or just haven't worked out how to use it properly, this does not give you the right to cancel the contract you agreed to.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
To download photos you need to connect phone to a PC running Samsung Kies http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP you can do it either with a data cable or via a wifi connection. You can download manual here http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/android/GT-S5830OKAXEU-supportforward (these links are already posted on this forum). If you use search you may find more answers to other questions you may have or feel free to post here. Luckily my New Years Resolution was to be helpful this year wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your contract runs for a minimum of 1, 12, 18 or 24 months. You can find out which and when it ends (yourcontract renewal date) at my o2.

To cancel, we'll need 30 days notice.

If you cancel before your contract ends, you'll have to pay a charge.

Message 7 of 7