cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back up contacts on o2 bluebook

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Sony Ericcson Xperia 8 phone and when I try to follow the instructions for backing up contacts on o2 bluebook this model isn't listed and I cannot find a way to do this . Anyone with ideas?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Contacts can be stored in two places, on the SIM and on the Phone memory.

Phone contacts can contain a lot more information than a SIM can hold like postal addresses etc.

If you had contacts in both places on the old phone, only the SIM contacts would be present on the new phone (assuming the same SIM) unless you had transferred the Phone contacts somehow e.g. via bluetooth or 'Copy to SIM'

If you still have the old phone you can try either of the above methods for transferring the contacts, then I would ensure all the contacts are on the phone only and sync with Gmail.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Bluebook is a relic from days gone by. It only is useful for a few phones, and most of them are old too. If your phone isn't listed, and I'm not surprised that it isn't, then you can't use the service. Your best bet is to set up a Gmail account, if you don't already have one, and back up your contacts there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Bluebook is a relic from days gone by. It only is useful for a few phones, and most of them are old too. If your phone isn't listed, and I'm not surprised that it isn't, then you can't use the service. Your best bet is to set up a Gmail account, if you don't already have one, and back up your contacts there.

+1

Message 3 of 8

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I thought Bluebook had finished, it certainly never worked with any Smartphone I've had over the last 10 years including O2's own branded XDAs. Smiley Frustrated

ISTR some of the data being deleted, perhaps that was just messages.

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Messages, photos and media messages were omitted  around 3-4 years ago although you did get the option to download them before they were blasted into the big black hole of cyber space. It' was obviously storage problems but it has left what was once a useful tool as just totally useless for modern needs.

Message 5 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

We've had O2 hashblue for backing up messages too since then, but in their wisdom or due to lack of take up that has now been closed too.

https://thelab.o2.com/tag/hashblue/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your advice . I finally did get an answer for bluebook from O2 saying my phone was not compatible. however since I have used Sony's software PC Companion, set up a Gmail account and exported contacts to my computer. All good EXCEPT it only exported 49 out of 191 ....something to do with the ones that were on my previous phone and did not accept all the ones I have added since. Frustrating. Any ideas/help would be much appreciated.

Message 7 of 8

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Contacts can be stored in two places, on the SIM and on the Phone memory.

Phone contacts can contain a lot more information than a SIM can hold like postal addresses etc.

If you had contacts in both places on the old phone, only the SIM contacts would be present on the new phone (assuming the same SIM) unless you had transferred the Phone contacts somehow e.g. via bluetooth or 'Copy to SIM'

If you still have the old phone you can try either of the above methods for transferring the contacts, then I would ensure all the contacts are on the phone only and sync with Gmail.

Message 8 of 8