cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android app updates

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i have an o2 sony xperia z phone and i'm not sure if my phone is receiving android app updates from the Google play store, like the new facebook app with the new user interface, my sister and partner have received the facebook update but i haven't? And also my sister and partner again received an update for the youtube app but i didn't? But when i checked the current version it was 5.5.27 on the play store but when i checked my partners phone it was a higher version? But when i check facebook it said it varies for device... But i checked the reviews for the facebook app for my device and everyone received the new facebook user interface update but me?

I know it's alot i'm talking about but if anyone could highlight how android app updates work that would be great as it's very frustrating waiting for app updates to come when maybe they won't come at all...
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Give thanks for small things Paul

Lol.

wink
Message 31 of 50

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Take it you know about FB forcing people to download the Messenger app in the coming weeks?

Message 32 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes but I use the American App for Facebook called 'paper' which does not require the download.

Happy days.
Message 33 of 50

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just downloaded the Messenger app to test it. Does seem better than the integrated one, but you cannot disable push notications! Can for 1 hour or until 8am, but not permanently

What is it with Facebook forcing stuff on you you dont want
Message 34 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
They can only force you if you let them and want to use their service.

As I say I don't really use the Uk version.

Message 35 of 50

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
True, although i like Facebook and most of my friends use the chat thing. Just be nice to customise it how you want, not how Facebook want
Message 36 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been receiving updates for apps on google play which i was worried i wasn't but i still haven't received the facebook app update, i'm still on 7.0.0.26.28, my partner, sister and friend all have older phones then me but have the update? I know a few people here said it could be a staggered update so just waiting slight_smile
Message 37 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to double post but i don't mind the facebook messenger i think it's pretty good slight_smile but facebook did keep bothering me to download it like 😕 all so how do i edit posts here?
Message 38 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Patience certainly is a virtue wink

Hang in there.

It'll come I'm sure.

slight_smile
Message 39 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
It definitely is haha!
Message 40 of 50