cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi password

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a wireless hard drive (seagate wireless+) which connected automatically to my Tab3 on first attempt even though it shows its secured. The same happened on my wife's iphone but when I try to connect it to my S4 it asks for a password which I have no clue of! Is there some security on my S4 which won't allow me to connect?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146101 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28151 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
 Is there some security on my S4 which won't allow me to connect?

Possibly Knox...

You should be able to log onto your drive through a web browser to set up passwords etc.

For now, have you tried leaving it blank?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Look at page 27 on this link. It may be of help.

http://www.seagate.com/files/www-content/support-content/external-products/satellite/_shared/docs/Se...

If you perform a google search their is quite a bit of info on this device ,and some YouTube videos.

You may be able to get official support here too http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/

Let us know how You get on please.
Message 4 of 7

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

If you connect through one of the other devices you should be able to get to the settings where you can adjust the password.

If it's the same as the GoFlex Satellite which I have it defaults to no password. If you have set one and can't remember it then reset the device.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 7

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

from http://www.seagate.com/files/www-content/support-content/external-products/satellite/_shared/docs/Se...

Restoring Seagate Wireless Plus to its Original Settings
Restoring the Seagate Wireless Plus device returns it to its original factory defaults. All the files stored on your Seagate Wireless Plus device are retained—no files or folders are deleted—but all other settings, such as the your Seagate Wireless Plus device name and password, are removed.
You may need to perform this task in the event that you forget your password. Pressing the factory default button on the bottom of the Seagate Wireless Plus device performs the same function.
To restore your Seagate Wireless Plus device
1. Make sure that no one is watching a video, viewing photos, listening to music, or working with any other file stored on your Seagate Wireless Plus device.
2. From the Seagate Media app or if you are using a browser, select Settings , then System .
3. Select Reset to Factory Defaults . Or
4. Using a paperclip, press and release the factory defaults button. The factory defaults button is located on the bottom of the Seagate Wireless Plus device. The Seagate Wireless Plus device name is changed back to “ Seagate Wireless Plus ” and any password you may have set is erased.
See “Changing the Name of Your Seagate Wireless Plus Device” on page 27 or “Setting a Password” on page 27 to reset these preferences
iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and welcome! Please stay in touch with the Community and let us know if you were able to solve this.
Great advice guys!
Message 7 of 7