cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I see my email content on my Galaxy Ace

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace on O2 and successfully set up my TalkTalk email, which sends and receives fine, however...

1. The standard Android App only appears to display, Inbox, Outbox, Sent & Deleted Folders - How do I view/access my other folders???
2. When I open an email, I get the wheel of death, whilst it downloads the content (both text and pictures), which makes managing emails slow at best. My wifes O2 Blackberry Torch with Tiscali email instantly displays the email header and text content with an option to download pictures, which is far quicker. How do I make my Android email app behave in this way - Any ideas???

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149588 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
I prefer to use IMAP

If you need the email settings please see What are TalkTalk's email settings.

Click on the applications menu and then on Email
Click on Menu then Accounts/Settings
Click on Add account
Enter your TalkTalk email address and password and click next. Your device will automatically try and identify the email settings. If it is unable to do so go to step 5 and do a manual setup else go to step 8.
Select the account type. You can use either POP3 or IMAP.
Enter the relevant address for the mail server and the correct port setting. Make sure 'Use SSL' is unticked and click next.
Enter the relevant SMTP server and the correct port setting. Make sure 'Use SSL' and 'Requires SMTP Authentication' are unticked and click next.

Please note: If you have Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) use TLS security and tick the "requires sign in" box and make sure you enter your username and password.
Select your personal preferences on how often you wish your device to check for new mail and whether you wish the address to be the default. Click Next
Enter a name for the account which will allow you to identify it in future and click Done.

http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/2429
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149588 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Have you set it up with IMAP or POP?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's set up with POP
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 149588 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
I prefer to use IMAP

If you need the email settings please see What are TalkTalk's email settings.

Click on the applications menu and then on Email
Click on Menu then Accounts/Settings
Click on Add account
Enter your TalkTalk email address and password and click next. Your device will automatically try and identify the email settings. If it is unable to do so go to step 5 and do a manual setup else go to step 8.
Select the account type. You can use either POP3 or IMAP.
Enter the relevant address for the mail server and the correct port setting. Make sure 'Use SSL' is unticked and click next.
Enter the relevant SMTP server and the correct port setting. Make sure 'Use SSL' and 'Requires SMTP Authentication' are unticked and click next.

Please note: If you have Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) use TLS security and tick the "requires sign in" box and make sure you enter your username and password.
Select your personal preferences on how often you wish your device to check for new mail and whether you wish the address to be the default. Click Next
Enter a name for the account which will allow you to identify it in future and click Done.

http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/2429
Message 4 of 4