cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I no longer send e-mails from my android phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to be able to send e-mails using smtp.o2.co.uk - however this became unreliable and now doesn't work at all.

I set it up as per o2 instructions with security type of none. Ever time I input these setting I get a connection error 'Could not open connection to server'

O2 live chat tried to help but couldn't get it to work - does anyone else know what the solution might be

Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
O2 have closed down their email service which includes their SMTP servers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
O2 have closed down their email service which includes their SMTP servers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can belive that. 

I wonder why I wasted over an hour on live chat with soemone from 02 help trying different ways to get it working - I would have assumed an o2 'help' employee would know!!

I also wonder why users/customers weren't informed!!

I am now really unhappy with o2 - about time I chnaged provider.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 126026 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

I'm just more amazed that live chat tried to get it to work?. O2 gave notice 4 years ago that they were slowly closing down O2 mail. Final warning was given for June 2016...though some people got service for a few weeks longer...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-Webmail-is-closing-More-info-inside/m-p/955180#U955180
Message 5 of 5