cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find stock firmware for S4?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi People!

Due to a stupid misunderstanding, my brother rooted my new S4 when I was at work, when I didn't want it rooted. I believe he did it correctly because it all works fine. However, I want to unroot it again in case I ever need the warranty. I've done a lot of reading about this, but don't seem to be able to find exactly which firmware I need. I've connected my phone to Kies and it tells me that my firmware is I9505XXUFNB8. I was told to check Sammobile which I did, but the only firmware that matches that version number seems to be for a French carrier (France NJR). 

Does anyone have any idea how I can find the correct firmware?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
No, not likely at all.
Just follow my guide and you'll be OK http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 123326 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  and welcome to the forum

I personally have no knowledge of stock firmware for the S4 but we have a very knowledgeable member on

this forum who will be able to help.

Not sure if @MI5 is available at present, but he will certainly be able to answer your query tomorrow,

(unless someone else is available)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. With a bit of luck he may be able to help. 

Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123326 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. With a bit of luck he may be able to help. 

We also have a 'night owl' @jonsie ... very experienced with Samsung phones. Not sure if he is about

tonight though.Smiley Very Happy

If no assistance tonight..please come back in the morning.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

Sammobile is the only place I'd trust.
Type *#1234# into dialer and tell me what you get back.
However your warranty is void now forever as the Knox fuse will have been tripped.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply. This is what I found when I typed *#1234# into dialer.

AP:I9505XXUFNB8
CP:I9505XXUFNB8
CSC:I9505BTUFNB3

Thanks.

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
Here is the latest one you need http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=26516

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your help. There's no chance I may brick my phone by unrooting with Odin is there? 

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
No, not likely at all.
Just follow my guide and you'll be OK http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I will do. Thanks again for your help!

Message 10 of 11