Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp Notification Settings keep reverting to default

saintmiles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently got a Huawei P20 pro, when changing my notifications for WhatsApp I am encountering problems

Whatever I change my settings to, after a period of time between 5mins to 20mins, they revert back to the default settings

I change the settings to my preference below

> Settings

> Notification Management

> WhatsApp

> Display Status bar: On

> Banners: Off

> Lock screen notifications: Hide Notification Content

> Priority Display: Off

> Notification Tone: Off

> Vibrate: Off

> Badge: On

However, when I receive a WhatsApp message I still have the full message content display on my lock screen when locked. When unlocked, I still get the banner and high priority display. The message still vibrates

When I go back into the WhatsApp settings they automatically revert to the default i.e. the nodes go from off back to on

I have changed the settings the WhatsApp app itself so that they match the settings I choose on the actual notification section of settings but to no avail

I spoke to O2 support who said they have never encountered the problem, they sent me a replacement handset and I am still having the same problem

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I can only assume it's an issue in the firmware.
Check you are up to date for both phone and app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

saintmiles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, checked both are lastest versions

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Might be worth you speaking to Huawei then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
WhatsApp notifications are handled in app, change them in there to stop it overriding the system ones.
Message 5 of 7

saintmiles
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Virdis - The changes that have been made in the app are fine and match the ones on the system settings to avoid any kind of confusion/overriding due to conflicting settings

Its the notifications that are specific to system settings. E.g. the whatsapp app doesn't have a setting for showing the message on the lock screen, the system setting section does

Any system setting changes made for Whatsapp notifications aren't being remembered by the phone. They are the ones that are reverting back to default. 

Message 6 of 7

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Also you'll have to speak to what's app go on play store then there should be an email to send to them
Message 7 of 7