cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Damaged Samsung Galaxy II

Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP!  My samsung Galaxy II got dropped in a bowl of water last night.  I fished it out straight away but unfortunately is got completely submerged.  I took the back cover off, took the battery and sim out and got any obvious water off.  I then placed the bits in a bag of rice to try and get the rice to absorb any residual water.  I put it back together today and it will power up.  The screen comes on but is red instead of blue and when it asks for my unlocking code the touch screen doesn't respond.  Does anyone have any suggestions for drying it out further or what I can do to fix it?  Unfortunately I don't have insurance but need to check my home contents documents.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It can take days to dry out properly. Place it back into a sealed bag of rice and leave it in the airing cupboard if you have one..... for at least a week.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It can take days to dry out properly. Place it back into a sealed bag of rice and leave it in the airing cupboard if you have one..... for at least a week.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou.  My friend did this with an iphone and it came back after a couple of days.  i will leave it in the bag of rice for the next 4 days before attempting to switch it back on.  

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck - Fingers crossed for you wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

IT WORKED!!  My phone came back to life when I put the battery in this afternoon.  Everything is still there, photo's, emails, contacts - can confirm rice in a bag and patience works!

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well done, but just bear in mind it may be damaged and still wet inside and could fail at any time.

I would have given it at least four or five days but good luck with it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 7