Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted - Tablet for travel , minimal usage

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi     Im looking for a Tablet.   Mostly for occasional  travel use       Needs:--

take  02 sim (payg   or monthly )

wifi, searches,  email,

maybe photography if of suitable calibre;

not games except sudoku type downloads;

maybe occasional  film.  

Simple to use for older person.

I havent looked up 02s offerings as yet but they are usually expensive

Any ideas or tips would be welcome.

{My previous  Microsoft tablet was reconditioned it worked on wifi but an 02 trainee gave me a sim card that didnt work with the tablet. I lost money over that}.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
slight_smile
Tea and bikkies will do just fine wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 45

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Had a look and most (on their page) appear to be the compact 8" version and not the 10"...

8'' Fits into a handbag or back pack pocket ....... M15 will confirm,. I need a travel device, no games, maybe occasional film to squint nerd

I have a lappy notebook  of 11''  - 25cm for my photography etc.  But thnaks for the thought

Message 22 of 45

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I have an old cover . presume it charges with a phone charger same as Microsoft one did.
Will I need any other accessories. ?
Message 23 of 45

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
You'll need to check the cover fits the tablet but other than that a SIM card and a charger, you won't have to have anything else.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 45

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Its arrived .
I haven 't opened it yetAny particular SIM . PAYG might be OK , At home WI FI -if poss with 02 version. Otherwise for travel, car, boat train etc. if poss with 02 version.
Message 25 of 45

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
PAYG is ideal but which tariff depends on your usage.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

Currently using:
Message 26 of 45

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The Sony Experia Compact is out of the box and charging.  It has a nifty charger cover which I missed to begin with !       Any one have a Dummies guide to Tablets I can borrow  : - ))

Message 27 of 45

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Same as your phone, just bigger wink

Currently using:
Message 28 of 45

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi   

@MI5 wrote:
PAYG is ideal but which tariff depends on your usage.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

Im looking at the sim choices    321 looks ok. )?) Now we have the prospect of tiny paws travel abroad might be limited to  once a year now for a while.   Im guessing 02 has an app or something on a lappy to check data usage to weigh up expenses.

Message 29 of 45

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
O2 has this help https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/understanding-data and there is an interactive calculator here https://www.tescomobile.com/data-calculator

Currently using:
Message 30 of 45