Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Topics: 528
Solutions: 10,872

Re: Wanted - Tablet for travel , minimal usage

Smiley Happy
Tea and bikkies will do just fine Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 13: Prompter

[ Edited ]

@gmarkj wrote:
Had a look and most (on their page) appear to be the compact 8" version and not the 10"...

8'' Fits into a handbag or back pack pocket ....... M15 will confirm,. I need a travel device, no games, maybe occasional film to squint nerd

I have a lappy notebook  of 11''  - 25cm for my photography etc.  But thnaks for the thought

I have an old cover . presume it charges with a phone charger same as Microsoft one did.
Will I need any other accessories. ?

You'll need to check the cover fits the tablet but other than that a SIM card and a charger, you won't have to have anything else.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

Its arrived .
I haven 't opened it yetAny particular SIM . PAYG might be OK , At home WI FI -if poss with 02 version. Otherwise for travel, car, boat train etc. if poss with 02 version.

PAYG is ideal but which tariff depends on your usage.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

Currently using:

The Sony Experia Compact is out of the box and charging.  It has a nifty charger cover which I missed to begin with !       Any one have a Dummies guide to Tablets I can borrow  : - ))

Same as your phone, just bigger Smiley Wink

Currently using:

Hi   

@MI5 wrote:
PAYG is ideal but which tariff depends on your usage.
https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

Im looking at the sim choices    321 looks ok. )?) Now we have the prospect of tiny paws travel abroad might be limited to  once a year now for a while.   Im guessing 02 has an app or something on a lappy to check data usage to weigh up expenses.

Highlighted

O2 has this help https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/understanding-data and there is an interactive calculator here https://www.tescomobile.com/data-calculator

Currently using: