Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail number is wrong

Guide16
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have bought a new Nokia 5 from Argos unlocked. Went to O2 shop to get them to change my sim card over. They put a new card in and now my voicemail number is not recognised it's dialing 905 instead of 901. Spent an hour yesterday online with O2 and they are struggling as the phone refuses to let me change it telling me to contact my operator. With a bit of research I find 905 is Tesco Mobile which is O2. Could the SIM card have been programmed wrongly at the O2 shop. I am pay monthly. It's not a major problem but annoying.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Guide16
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thank you I got the same update and never noticed. But on trying, my voicemail is also now correct Haliluah.

Message 11 of 15

RJY321
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, interesting topic, I have the same issue, plus Caller ID not working, now on my second SIM card, & have talked to Customer Services 4 times!

Perhaps you could enlighten me on a couple of points from above?

1. How does one get a 'support case with HMD'?

2. How do you get a 'prompt to allow the phone to restart to apply updated operator settings'.

Obviously there is an error in the O2 profile in the firmware which I have but who to contact to resolve?

Many thanks for any help or pointers

Message 12 of 15

RJY321
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry further points, have found out that HMD is part of Nokia, - HMD Global, the Finnish phone maker, Hindustan Syringes & Medical Devices Ltd. - so no help.

However I  need to know how to get O2 to re-programme the firmware programming error in the O2 profile?

Any help really appreciatedFounded in the year 1957, Hindustan Syringes & Medical Devices Ltd. is 

Message 13 of 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10287 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@RJY321 

I think you have the wrong company as HMD Global was founded in 2016 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMD_Global

O2 wont be reprogramming the firmware, as the firmware is developed by Nokia, with 0 input from o2. So you will have to persevere with Nokia https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_gb

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 15

RJY321
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, just thought you might like to know, just changed from a Nokia standard SIM to Samsung nano SIM, had the same issue, replaced the SIM 3 times from two different O2 stores & always voicemail came up as 905 (Tesco no.?)....

However, eventually I really think the issue is O2 & not the mobile itself, the solution that worked for me was to 1. Click on phone  2. Settings  3. Voicemail  4. Voicemail settings, then you will see the number 905 which can be changed to 901 - & it works... note this is in the phone settings & not the mobiles settings. Hope this helps..

Message 15 of 15