cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock code shambles

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are a joke when it comes to unlocking a handset, I've been trying to get mine unlocked for a month now, it went from 7 days to 7 working days, to 10 working days max, then 2-4 hrs then 10 days again... Finally got a code but surprise surprise it does not work, so another 10 days for them to check with Samsung. Then email confirming the codes as the ones that don't work. They suggested an O2 store for them to try, again nothing now they provide a premiem rate number to call Samsung cause they can't be bothered to do anything else... O2!!!! What a joke...
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tell me about it, I've been trying to get O2 to unlock my old Galaxy S2 since the 19th of May, and yes I have filled in the unlock form! I've spoken to several peoplle on the online chat, all told me it would be done within 7 actual, not working, days, and nearly a month later my phone is still locked!

Or is it? I went in Phones 4 U in Meadowhall last week, and they told me that all their phones are unlocked by default, and I bought the S2 from there in August 2011, yet I've tried a Vodafone Sim card in the phone and it was rejected.

Message 3 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Try another active sim, borrow one from a friend but make sure it's active.

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get it solved? I'm having the same issue:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Samsung-unlatching-code/td-p/491332

Pathetic service.

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the same problem - seven days turns into seven WORKING days. O2 managed to alienate me with the broken promises, so much so that I have decided to cancel the contract and be done with them. I know I will have to pay the rest of the contract but it will be worth it to get out of their clutches.

They really try very hard to lose as many customers as possible. When they sold out to Sky, I cancelled the broadband too.

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for resurrecting an old post. I was peed off and jumped on the first one I found 😞

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It does seem to inexplicably cause issues for some people.... Not sure why ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me, it is because the 'maximum of 7 days' went by with no code forthcoming. Three requests is a reasonable attempt at giving O2 a chance to redeem themselves. Instead I get 'seven working days' which turned a Friday application into 10 days not including the day of application.
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sorry, I misunderstood.... I didn't realise you had got your code 2 days late...... The unlocking process states "28" days however it is usually much quicker, as you have found out wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 14