cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Code for Samsung J5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased a Samsung J5 from an O2 shop and was told that If I phone up the next day and cancel the contract, pay off the £240, request the unlock code then I would be emailed the code within 7 days.It is now 8 days and no code has been received.

The money has been taken from my bank account and I owe nothing to O2.

I contacted O2 guru on 2 occasions and the first one said not to worry and that code would be with me shortly.

The second guru told me yesterday that code could not be released because the phone had not been used on the O2 network and was therefore not recognised by them. If it not recognised how can it be locked?

I am currently away from home with an unlockable phone and £240 taken from my account!

Help please

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144213 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

There’s no need to pay off a contract Phone to unlock it.
It’s completely free.
The easiest way is through your MyO2 but there is a full help link here to read through
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...

The phone does need to be used on the O2 Network to register it though. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144213 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

There’s no need to pay off a contract Phone to unlock it.
It’s completely free.
The easiest way is through your MyO2 but there is a full help link here to read through
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...

The phone does need to be used on the O2 Network to register it though. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2