Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts failing to send

Kuribo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
SMS saying failed to send, tap to retry, on Galaxy S9+, happens with almost every other message, however recipient will have received as they often reply before I get chance to resend. Checked and I have correct service centre number and service checker says here is good, no issues. I get same problem with Samsung SMS app, Google's and Textra. I have tried clearing caches and do regular restarts. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Kuribo 

I'd pop into your local O2 shop and get a free sim swap as a starting point.

Some other tips here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Text-Message-Tips-not-sent-or-received/bc-p/1180495

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Kuribo 

I'd pop into your local O2 shop and get a free sim swap as a starting point.

Some other tips here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Text-Message-Tips-not-sent-or-received/bc-p/1180495

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks MI5, what I forgot to mention is that when I press resend the messages go through instantly.
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd still try a new sim first.
Rule that out before we go deeper.
If not that, it could be an account provisioning problem, but a new sim is easier to try first before battling with O2 to get account re-provisioned.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So I've got a new SIM today, mobile web is working as are texts and I have better signal in my house strangely, I can't call anyone yet, says activation can take 24hours.
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Keep rebooting every half hour.
It shouldn't take long for all services to come online.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Oh and 4G not working just H+
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Give it time....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Kuribo , just wanted to check how you're getting on with this since you last posted? slight_smile

Cheers for the troubleshooting @MI5thumbsup

Message 9 of 11

Kuribo
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi, thanks, all functionality returned late last night. I haven't had any messages fail so far but one did get delivered to someone twice for some reason. Thanks for all the help @MI5
Message 10 of 11