Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text msg responses - no ringtone?

SevenOfNine
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, still finding my way round the community board. Apologies if I'm in the wrong place now & being a prat!

Techno dinosaur, first switched to 02 for better signal after years of a rubbish one with Three. Then changed my several years old mobile for Samsung Galaxy A41. Sadly it didn't come with the loan of a 6 year old child for 2 hours to set it all up for me. unamused

Some WEEKS later I think I've pretty much sorted out what I want from what I don't, FINALLY comfortable with it, but it's been hard work, the phone being smarter than me.

Just this last little niggle, I've noticed that when I'm back & forth texting with someone, a text 'conversation' stream is best way to describe it, our chit chat, back & forth.  I don't get any notification with each of their responses, only on their first response. It's as if the phone set up thinks I'm sitting there staring at it.  I keep missing their 'final' response because I've put my phone away, only noticing it later.  I don't even get the 10 minute 'reminder' I have set up for incoming texts, to tell me I haven't opened the last response.

I hope this makes sense, I've searched the internet but can't seem to find out if it should be notifying me for every response.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

If you leave the message app open you will get no notification of chat responses @SevenOfNine 
is this what is happening?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

If you leave the message app open you will get no notification of chat responses @SevenOfNine 
is this what is happening?

Message 2 of 4

SevenOfNine
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Jonsie - I do leave the message app 'open', chat back & forth & just dump the phone in my bag when I assume I've had the last word!  

I think your explanation is correct, how a logical it sounds. I don't leave any app I've used open - I just never viewed the text messaging as an app that I should close after I think I've finished. To me finishing a text conversation is shutting my phone case flushed

Thank you for having the patience to suggest the solution. Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions