cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRYING TO GET MY MOBILE NUMBER TRANSFERRED BACK!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This morning I returned an ipad air, after requesting an upgrade from my galaxy note 10 days ago.  I am not thick but took a friends word, I could make/receive calls on it.  Last night I found out I couldn't, hence the return this morning. Prior to that I had transferred my mobile number and my mobile was disconnected.  I have been tring all day to reach 'live chat' to request the number be returned to my mobile.  I am a stroke victim, cannot talk and housebound and my mobile is registered with 999 in an emergency.  At  the moment I am not covered if I'm on my own. Has anyone any suggestions?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

OP has said they have had a stroke and cannot speak, so they can't call customer service. They will need to try to get someone to call on their behalf.

Maybe wrongly, but I assumed the OP would have a carer?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 11 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23230 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

Hope you're able to get your issue sorted @Anonymous. I don't know if you are aware of this, but you normally can make emergency calls on your mobile without a sim card in the phone. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 26

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Let us know how you get on @Anonymous and welcome to the community. I'm very sorry to hear about your situation and I'm really glad to see you've had lots of advice from the members here. Don't hesitate to return with any other questions.

Well done @Cleoriff@MI5 and @Bambino!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have nil but want to be as independant as I can and bless him my other half is not atall technical!!!

Message 14 of 26

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Fully understand that.
We're here if you need us slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 15 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have nil but want to be as independant as I can and bless him my other half is not atall technical!!!

Good for you @Anonymous. Lovely to hear someone so positive. This place is here any time you need any help..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bambino,  I am registered with the 999 service  and they are aware of my circumstances. Thankyou

Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou again for your concern.  I have left a post just now about battery & backing up phone but can't see it, can u?

Message 18 of 26

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thankyou again for your concern.  I have left a post just now about battery & backing up phone but can't see it, can u?

No can't see it yet but give it a few mins.....

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 19 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Did you start a new thread for the latest post @Anonymous. ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 26