cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony xperia J not sending texts to specific people

Anonymous
Not applicable

My sony phone after a factory re store and a session with an O2 Guru is still not sending texts to some people in my contact list. I have taken the sim out more than once since then to see if that is the problem but it is still coming back with the same message of 'could not send'.

Has anyone had a similar experience and or a solution to this?

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
OK, it would help if you could try to find out which networks and phones are failing, however, in the mean time, I'd suggest you try a new SIM card. Your local O2 store can do this for you if you explain the problem to them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Im not that familiar with this handset.

Is their a blocking calls facility in the phone or has the person your trying to send a text to accidently blocked you ?

Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Where are you storing your contacts, phone or SIM card?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

The contacts are stored on the phone. What i forgot to mention was that some of those that i can not text i can recieve from them.

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Try sending a new text to one of those people (do not reply in a conversation) and enter the number manually as a number (do not select from your contacts), and let us know if it works....

Also, is there any pattern to those who cannot receive, ie are they all on the same network, same location, same type of phone etc.....?
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope that didn't work.

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

What about the second part of my question?

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about that I know one of them is on a Iphone but not sure about the others.

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
OK, it would help if you could try to find out which networks and phones are failing, however, in the mean time, I'd suggest you try a new SIM card. Your local O2 store can do this for you if you explain the problem to them.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would it be worth asking o2 Customer Services on 202 if their account is ok and possibly reset.
Message 10 of 12